Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    And how to you choose the game to run? WITH BACKUP MANAGER. So you still need a disc.

Anyway, even with a disc in the drive out of the 20 games I have on HDDs 1 worked.

I will stick with the old version as all the 20 games worked.
    Last edited by Jes03; 09-22-2010 at 09:10 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    And how to you choose the game to run? WITH BACKUP MANAGER. So you still need a disc.
    Again, no. The method described in the first post doesn't include the usage of the backup manager application. The backup manager IS NOT necessary to start a game using this method.

Last post I'm dedicating to this discussion, getting very old, very fast..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    NO - you don't need the disc in BD drive and you don't need to use BM to run games. Go back to school and learn to READ first before posting rubbish around here.

It would be better if someone adds all the working hex's files for all boards to the first post, and a step-to-step-guide how to make it work without an backup manager.

Still waiting for NTFS support

hex's are scattered around - sucks but they're there. the one i posted has led function which is good and as for a guide, well...

That's why its easier to add them to the first post so people can easily find them

any1 can compile for AT90USB646?

Quote Originally Posted by Mbb View Post
    Still waiting for NTFS support
    I'm afraid it might be a bit long wait though. WHY is everyone after pretty much outdated and cumbersome NTFS? Pretty much any other FS is miles better than this As long as it will handle files larger than 4 GB I don't care which one it would be. It would be great also to have support for iSCSI or at least NAS

OMG !!!

The scene has lost its fast pace... i went to bed after reading this last night and still nothing new was released today...

Thumbs Up

I'm not really clear on how this work. I read the readme file, and it didnt make it crystal clear to me as to how this works.

I understand this means we can launch games without a Backup Manager. It seems to do this, we can place the EBOOT file on a USB Drive and then launch it from /dev_usb000, using the PSGroove added menu option
    (* /app_home/PS3_Game/)

So that leads into my few questions:

Where do the game files go? Do they go on the USB Drive and then we are just accessing the EBOOT.bin from within the individual game folders? Based on the readme.txt description, it appears that way

"PS3GAME
    |------- USRDIR ---->EBOOT.BIN
    |------- ICON0.PNG
    |------- PARAM.SFO"

Also, I'm assuming my USB device must be FAT32 formatted correct? I'm guessing if it is FAT32 formatted, and I plug it in to my PS3 after running this new PSGroove code, and assuming it has the proper directory/file strcture on it, I will be viewing a list of games I can launch after clicking the "/app_home/PS3_Game/" folder??

Sponsored Links

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News