Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Gatsu View Post
    And why can't we install updates? I have done it to at least 6 games so far, am I missing something? Just grab the patches from here run them through DEMO installer FTP then boot into retail apply the patch and reboot into debug mode to play with the patch applied.
    Try putting what comes out of the update (game/BL*URGAME*/*.*) into the gamez folder (/game/laun123456/BL*URGAME*/*.*) If that doesn't solve your problem it has to with the way the BD Emulation is working; it loads unsigned coded eboot.bin, while the game updated eboot.bin is signed.

Oh and the PS3 forces load game/BL*URGAME*/eboot.bin before the BD-ROM's and that is why you get the black screen.
    Last edited by hacked2123; 09-22-2010 at 04:55 AM

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Gatsu View Post
    And why can't we install updates? I have done it to at least 6 games so far, am I missing something? Just grab the patches from here run them through DEMO installer FTP then boot into retail apply the patch and reboot into debug mode to play with the patch applied.
    Some games don't work after updating. NFS Shift is one of those games, works fine from INT HDD.

Update and it refuses to load, delete the update data and it works again.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ohh i just love this :-P

i remember how fast sony removed otheros after the dude who made iphono JB said that he got close to hacking the ps3.
    now some one found a new way. and se how fast the hack scene is going. that is just epic, sony must be feeling kinda dumb :-P

i seriously need to get a usb controller fast, i want JB :-D

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Would I be able to load this "new data" on to a psjailbreak stick once it already has been written, is there a "hardware mode" or "reset" switch to rewrite this? as some one is offering me a jailbreak for 45quid down the road

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantagtj View Post
    Would I be able to load this "new data" on to a psjailbreak stick once it already has been written, is there a "hardware mode" or "reset" switch to rewrite this? as some one is offering me a jailbreak for 45quid down the road
    This is not for the PSJ, it's for other boards.

Now that the scene is stable, I can say what I've been wanting to say for a while.

The PSJailbreak was most like a direct derivative of exploits GeoHot unleashed. It was most likely that the LV2 dumps for the 3.41JB progress to even begin began with someone doing the pulse, enabling peek/poke, soldering external power to the RAM, and doing a LV2 dump of "power/eject"

This would also mean the PSJailbreak team also knows how to have kept, or enable OtherOS, but that is not all that hard to fathom. Of course this is all pure speculation, but it makes the most sense to me, and I've thought about this for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    When you update a game does it update any files on the disc?

I think you got your answer.
    No, but it can update locally installed game data (e.g. for Red Dead Redemption)

Quote Originally Posted by evilsperm View Post
    here's an updated zip with:

AT90USBKEY/AT90USBKEY2
    Benito
    BlackcatUSB
    Maximus AVR USB
    Olimex
    Teensy_1.0
    Teensy 1.0++
    Teensy 2.0
    Teensy 2.0++
    Xplain
    Thank you mate

Question

is it possible someone can compile a hex for the xbox spi users, i'm dying to try this.

Banned User
    Don't bother atm it's not that good as you still need a disk anyway.

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News