Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quit being a poon and get some real life friends so you can brag. Duh!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    First, Hermes developed a reputation by figuring out ways to rip off a company. Someone rips off his name and he throws a hissey fit? Lame.

Second, The device is indeed psgroove and Hermes compatible. Who cares if it's listed on the device? My television said "Cable TV" on the box. Does this mean that the inventor of cable should be pissed off? Hermes developed a "brand" that doesn't base itself on profit, but doesn't necessarily stop others from profiting off of it. There's a ton of other devices that are Hermes compatible, but you have to "look them up" to see if they are compatible. This one saves you the time.

Is he just pissed that someone beat him to the chase on making a buck off of him?

He has a right to stop doing what he does. At least it's not a lawsuit. That would be really lame.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It seems to me that some people have missed the point entirely. Here in the US at least, the long arm of the law has a way of magically barging in on rights. I doubt he's pissed that someone is making a buck, using his name or not. He believed in a free version of the jailbreak, which is why he did what he did.

The reason he is pissed (in my opinion) is because of the way the law would work in Sony's favor. They could figure out through influence and a load of other law based BS about who exactly Hermes is as a person. In the US, regardless of whether he is directly connected to the dongle or not, there would be loopholes to tie him to the actual hardware. It does not matter whether this is ethical, moral, right/wrong. It matters that the law has a way of doing this, especially when corporate gets involved.

So he is basically not taking a risk, refusing to allow himself to get caught up with any potential law engagement. I respect his decision to do so, but being myself a little more rebellious in spirit would've wished him to come out on top. All in all, he made his choice, and refused to escalate the scenario, and we should all respect that decision. Whining at him for leaving and referring to his ego in relation to geohot won't change his mind, far from it actually.

So while I do wish Hermes to continue his work under his current alias, I support his decision and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors. But I too would ask him to reconsider, because he brings to the scene a lot of progress and ideas that will now disappear. Good luck to you Hermes!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbieballs View Post
    First, Hermes developed a reputation by figuring out ways to rip off a company. Someone rips off his name and he throws a hissey fit? Lame.

Is he just pissed that someone beat him to the chase on making a buck off of him?
    Seeing as heīs been releasing his work for free, thatīs a pretty lame statement.

Sorry but i disagree with his action and i have reasons... If i found this JB in market saying it's Hermes BJ and in the same time i'm not an internet news follower so i will say wtf who's this hermes who wrote his name over this USB...and will not buy it.

but if i'm a news follower and i know who's helmes so it's enough from him to say that in the bloggers this one is fake and i'm sure no one will go buy it as we support him for the hard working...

so it's not good from him to just leave the scene like that and i disagree with him..

BTW: should nokia leave the scene coz chinese had cloned some nokia models?!!!

Seriously, its not like they stole anything. PSGroove and the Hermes modifications are released free, but still require a device to run them. Based on the price listed, you're paying for the DEVICE, not PSGroove. It just has PSGroove Hermes preinstalled. I'm not sure how this is any different from the PSBreak team releasing updates that are just PSGroove Hermes v3.

Scene folks who run away over this kind of thing is pathetic. Just about as pathetic as when Mathieulh goes on about how he doesnt support piracy when PSGroove itself is basically piracy.

It's a shame he is quitting in the short time he did quite a lot. Another Spanish legend will be remembered Dark Alex and Hermes.

I see why he is quitting though i would be pretty pissed if someone used my name to make a quick buck. I would probably sue them but he's got no grounds to sue them.

I honestly don't believe Hermes left because of a hissy fit, or his alias being printed on some chipboard. I will never know why, nor do I care why he has decided to reside from the "ps scene."

I do in fact, think we self proclaimed gamers/hackers/developers are involved in getting the most from our $150-$700 PS3, enjoying our PS3 however we see fit!! Those of us trying to provide programs for free should keep sticking to Sony should keep pushing on. Be it Hermes or any of the other fine devs. Having said that...

For those who enjoy backing up games, the 3.42 firmware prompt on PS3's new titles, and yes its everyone! Is a far larger issue than ONE great dev's personal decision to step away. Now I have a friend who brought me a copy of FALLOUT NEW VEGAS and EA Sports MMA.

Both would not game play until I upgraded, of course I most certainly didn't. I play them on my 3.50 unit. So those yellow pan faces will be sitting on a pile on useless usb junk. That will be some sort of payback. What makes me sick is so many people are selling these in the community to people and kids on craigslist with promises that you can copy any game.

Arrow

Resume discussion in the new thread here guys: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ed-114111.html

Sponsored Links
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News