Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

I myself really would appreciate it if someone could post a guide rather than the compiled hex as I would like to learn how to do it myself. I already know how to do the Original PSgroove but this one is a bit different thanks.

PSGroove posted a brief guide if it helps:
    HOW TO

This won’t work for backups because their eboot is encrypted. It will work for homebrew though.

Step 1: Insert usb stick into PC. Make a folder named PS3_GAME on your usb stick. Inside that folder make a folder called USRDIR.

Step 2: Make sure your application is named EBOOT.BIN (if its homebrew you made, it will be whatever.self, rename it!) Note: if your application is one you downloaded, it will probably be in a pkg, you must extract the pkg to get the EBOOT.BIN.

Use “make_package_npdrm.exe -x whatever.pkg”, to extract it. You may also grab the extracted pkg files by using FTP after installing the pkg. If the EBOOT.BIN is from a pkg that means you will need to run “unfself.exe EBOOT.BIN EBOOT.ELF” and then “make_fself.exe EBOOT.ELF EBOOT.BIN” to get it in the format needed to run from app_home. Then delete EBOOT.ELF. (we will not provide you with the above mentioned exe’s find them yourself!)

Step 3: Place EBOOT.BIN into the folder USRDIR that you made on your usb stick.

Step 4: Place your app’s PARAM.SFO and ICON0.PNG into the folder PS3_GAME that you created. If you don’t have these files, you will need to look into how to make them. I will not provide that info here.

Step 5: Insert usb stick into ps3, scroll to app_home/PS3_GAME, highlight, and select it to run it.

It says to use avr gcc, but doesn't say anything how to compile payload (need ppc gcc cross compiler I guess)

Thanks but what I need help with is the compiling part and how to patch it to work with the backup manger. That guide is for how to get the apps to run off usb drive.

should be nice if someone compile everything to be in the ATAVRXPLAIN even the backup manager since ATAVRXPLAIN have 8MB SDRAM and 8MB DataFlash connected to the ATxmega128A1... this is possible?

can a jailbreak ps3 can be undectectable this way?

thanks you for your answer!
    Last edited by tonyqc; 09-13-2010 at 11:09 PM

hate to say it but its not compiling... errors on raw2payload.c
    Code:
    make[1]: Entering directory `D:/Downloads/PS3/PSGroove_1.1_Apploader/AerialX-psg
    roove-0abc8c7'
    gcc -Wall -O3 raw2payload.c -o raw2payload
    process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, gcc -Wall -O3 raw2payload.c -o raw2payload, .
    ..) failed.
    make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
    make[1]: *** [raw2payload] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `D:/Downloads/PS3/PSGroove_1.1_Apploader/AerialX-psgr
    oove-0abc8c7'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    and yes raw2payload.c is in the current dir

I will compile a patched version as soon as I can get it to make

Quote Originally Posted by evilsperm View Post
    hate to say it but its not compiling... errors on raw2payload.c
    Can you tell where did you inject the code for the board you are flashing as that is the only thing that stopping me from compiling it.

Quote Originally Posted by dentnu View Post
    Can you tell where did you inject the code for the board you are flashing as that is the only thing that stopping me from compiling it.
    you need to edit descriptor.h to patch it. either way its having major issues compiling with winavr and as well on my linux box with gcc-avr... So I have to look into a few things and hopefully I'll have all the boards compiled soon.

~evil

under linux you need to install:

- gcc
    - avr-gcc
    - ppu-gcc

already had all that installed

here's the error in linux
    Code:
    lufa-lib/trunk/LUFA/Drivers/USB/LowLevel/Device.c:48: error: 'UDCON' undeclared (first use in this function)
    lufa-lib/trunk/LUFA/Drivers/USB/LowLevel/Device.c:48: error: 'RMWKUP' undeclared (first use in this function)
    make[1]: *** [lufa-lib/trunk/LUFA/Drivers/USB/LowLevel/Device.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/AerialX-psgroove-0abc8c7'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast