Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSGrade - PSGroove PS3 Implementation of PSDowngrade Arrives

Sponsored Links
    A few days ago we saw a video of a PS3 downgrading, and today zAxis has released PSGrade which is a PSGroove implementation of PSDowngrade WIP for JailBroken 3.41 PS3 consoles.

Download: PSGrade - PSGroove PS3 Implementation of PSDowngrade / PSGrade Into GameOS System 3.15 / [Register or Login to view links]

In related news, graf_chokolo has now detailed how to decrypt PS3 PKGs as noted HERE.

To quote: Today he's shared his work with the public, however, it still requires some work, before it is fully functional. Right now, his code still requires the dongle master key, one that is buried within the PS3 console. The good news, is zAxis feels this key can be retrieved via a 3.15 fw console.

He is asking the community, anyone with a 3.15 console, to help retrieve this key. Once retrieved, PSGrade should become fully functional. Below, is his request to the public.

To anyone who wants to help, here is what you have to do:

1- run the PSGrade I posted (just like jp)
    2- reboot into linux (no power cycling!!)
    3- dump HV (and post it)

If you dont know how to dump HV in linux, then google it (you will need to open your ps3 and solder it DONT DO IT IF YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERT!!!)

Once you get the key, post it in key.h and try it.

Please remember, this is a work in progress, nothing is working yet (so don't ask for hexes), and nothing is for sure. Good Luck.

Oh, and thanks to graf_chokolo for ... everything, Hansi for the dump, and mathieulh for PSGroove (PSGrade is a derivative of PSGroove) and everyone else.

Update: Thanks to d0zs and Tripleblacklac, PSGrade is know confirmed to initiate the challenge/response protocol on 3.50. What that means? it means that once we have the right key, 3.50 will be in service mode using PSGrade. REMEMBER we don't have a working key yet, so no service mode.

According to graf_chokolo, to get the ps3 to decrypte the master key, then you have to call "Verify Response" and the master key will saved in plain text. it is called when plugin a jig, and that is what PSGrade is.

Once we have the key, we will have a working jig :-) And no 3.41 is no good even if you have dump the HV. Here is my discussion with graf_chokolo: [Register or Login to view links]

PSGrade - PSGroove PS3 Implementation of PSDowngrade Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a ps3 on 3.01 firmware, I am willing to help.. would need some help to do what ever you want me to do though.

I would be willing to upgrade to 3.15 I think, but if 3.01 can do it then i would like to stay on 3.01
    Last edited by mjgdroid; 11-22-2010 at 03:24 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So, this WIP only works on 3.15? Or is 3.15 the easiest way of grabbing the key? i have a PS3 with 3.15 but i JB with a android phone using the PSfreedom Hermesv4b / RA Recovery menu. Can i help?

PSN: TheShroomster
    Last edited by TheShroomster; 11-22-2010 at 03:37 AM Reason: Horrid typos , turned on a light

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    3.15 is the way to grab the key to be clear

it's not in working stage yet. It's missing the key!

read the readme...

I have a question if anyone can answer.. I heard a rumor that in service mode, you are allowed onto PSN without the hassle
    of being asked to update.. Can anybody confirm this, or is this just BS?

Quote Originally Posted by mjgdroid View Post
    I have a ps3 on 3.01 firmware, I am willing to help.. would need some help to do what ever you want me to do though.

I would be willing to upgrade to 3.15 I think, but if 3.01 can do it then i would like to stay on 3.01
    bro upgrade to 3.15 help the hacker community... share some blessing... we will support and pray bro...

i really what to downgrade my ps3 3.50 please help!!!

if you have a ps3 3.15 give the key
    Last edited by yukinaze; 11-22-2010 at 03:52 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

IIRC graf_chokolo said, that it won't work in 3.50, am i correct ?

this should be noted as being a WIP boss.

got my hopes up slightly. even though i have no use for it, i'm just happy for the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    this should be noted as being a WIP boss.
    I have added a "WIP" to the end of the first sentence just for you (and those too lazy to read the article) now.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News