Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Dominator7 Just back your save games to the pc thru FTP... Sorry you lose the PSN content... :-)

ps3news , Boss I just wanted to thank you for the above news and collaborations it is VERY useful.. you are a star for everything you do for us lot, I don't think people know how hard you work! (Merry Christmas M8!)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by lousifer View Post
    Yes you will. The Harddisk will be formatted.
    In the case that my disk will be formatted, even though I have a fat PS3, will a backup before downgrading save my saves from the games?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantagtj View Post
    Boss I just wanted to thank you for the above news and collaborations it is VERY useful.. you are a star for everything you do for us lot, I don't think people know how hard you work! (Merry Christmas M8!)
    No prob and Merry RSX-Mas to you too.

I was actually offline all of yesterday when the first thread started so CJPC had to handle merging and moving everything, but now we can use this thread for ALL "Downgrade" files, guides and updates from the various cloners so that when the newbies ask how to do something or where a file is we can link them to the first post to make everyone's life a bit easier.

dominator7 YES ! FTP them or BACK them up but some are protected so FTP.

EVERYONE it is always best to back up EVERYTHING before you do anything so big as DOWNGRADING, it always plays to THINK AHEAD.

This will keep getting asked -- so to fix bluray, downgrade to 3.41 using the special modded pup. Then downgrade to pre 3.41 using a standard PUP update (say 3.21) in factory mode.

Then use the standard update process to go back to 3.41 using an official 3.41 PUP. This will install the proper firmware files you'll need for bluray

Bit of a stuff around, but will fix the /dev_flash3/ being from a different fw.
    Last edited by p666; 12-08-2010 at 06:29 AM

Thanks p666 and +Rep, I will add that linked in the first post as well now.

Hey guys, I just stumbled on this thread and was hoping for some tips to solve my problem...

I had PS3Break running with a fair few games on the HDD in v3.41, and with the news of them supporting the downgrade I couldn't resist and went and bought GT5 and have now upgraded to v3.50.

I was surprised the downgrade formats the entire HDD (but I'm glad I thought to double check!) so now I am looking for a way to backup the stored games and save game files on the HDD while in v3.50 before I downgrade again (that is assuming the upgrade to v3.50 didn't touch my stored games?). It seems FTP is the best option but that's not possible in v3.50 right?

I still have the old 60GB HDD that came with the system (fat model) - I'm thinking maybe I could swap back to that, then downgrade, then put my big HDD back in - any thoughts on whether it would need to reformat or if it would accept the 'new' drive?

Any tips are much appreciated!

Thank you very much for this wonderful guide.

any idea on how to make it work x3max?

Quote Originally Posted by nothinelse View Post
    Hey guys, I just stumbled on this thread and was hoping for some tips to solve my problem...

I had PS3Break running with a fair few games on the HDD in v3.41, and with the news of them supporting the downgrade I couldn't resist and went and bought GT5 and have now upgraded to v3.50.

I was surprised the downgrade formats the entire HDD (but I'm glad I thought to double check!) so now I am looking for a way to backup the stored games and save game files on the HDD while in v3.50 before I downgrade again (that is assuming the upgrade to v3.50 didn't touch my stored games?). It seems FTP is the best option but that's not possible in v3.50 right?

I still have the old 60GB HDD that came with the system (fat model) - I'm thinking maybe I could swap back to that, then downgrade, then put my big HDD back in - any thoughts on whether it would need to reformat or if it would accept the 'new' drive?

Any tips are much appreciated!
    it will format the drive mate.. ftp if you can.. not sure if you can as you said on 3.50 and i haven't been able to use ftp as i don't know how to fix my router "problem"..

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News