Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The PS3Break v1.1 + v1.2 Downgrade hex code is on their site and linked HERE so it should work, but if you have a v1.1 or v1.2 authentic PS3Break and it doesn't then I would post as many details on what happens when you try to downgrade as possible.

Hopefully someone with one will be able to assist you, or if you make a super detailed post (exact steps of what you did, from the very start to your stuck point) and include your truth inquiry code (to rule out a fake clone) then I can pass it on to the PS3Break rep we are in contact with to aid in troubleshooting.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    there's not many details because it get's nowhere, I flashed brand new unused ps3break dongle with psgrade.mhex, loader showed programming success. removed from pc and placed in the right hand usb port on ps3 I flicked the back switch on and proceeded to use usual JB method power/eject as per instructions, ps3 booted up as normal but instead of switching off after a few minutes it was still on after 10, I assumed it had failed so shut down and repeated left for over 15 minutes still nothing, I then used another ps3break 1.2 (the 1 I use for JB another console) I flashed that with ps3grade.mhex and done the above, absolutely nothing.

truth enquiry off both dongles 16800 31804 62580 10615 and 16800 31805 89733 00558 both dongles were bought from authorised dealers as linked from official ps3break website, I've checked codes but never got an answer always get dns error server can't be found, but as 1 works perfectly for JBing I've never had reason to think they're counterfeit, if you can get em checked and confirmed legit that would be great thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I checked them myself, and get this for both:
    This item is a authentic product, please feel relieved the useŁ¬thank you !
    That said, it's safe to rule a fake out I'd say.

From your post, it sounds like they were programmed successfully so it does leave me wondering why the PS3 isn't switching off. In a bit I will read over the instructions myself and compare it to what you did and see if I can come up with any ideas, but keep in mind I don't have one here so hopefully someone with a PS3Break v1.1/v1.2 will chime in if they experienced the same or have theirs working properly.

thanks for that, I have another 3 consoles at 3.41, different models all CECHG03, I'm wondering if the problem is with the CECHM03, I'm thinking about upgrading one of them to 3.50 and then trying the downgrade, I'm just a bit scared I'll end up with it stuck at 3.50 as all my 3.41 consoles are soon to be passed on to my friends for a good price

Don't worry. You can downgrade 100%. What do you maybe need is a new Jailbreak device. But downgrading works from 3.50 perfect.

oh I know it's confirmed working with other JB devices, if I can't sort this then that's what I'll have to do but didn't want the cost as I've already bought the PS3breaks regrettably.

I gave it a peek, it sounds to me like you are stuck at Step 4 in their instructions.
    1. Insert PS3break dongle device into computer and flash in downgrade mode firmware as downgrader.
    2. Insert PS3break dongle device that has been reprogrammed as downgrader into your console.
    3. Turn on the console using the same boot method as all other jailbreaks: Press power then immediately press eject. Your console will turn on and PS3break dongle will light up green LED.
    4. After few minutes, the ps3 console power off automatic and red LED light up.
    Whether there is an issue with CECHG03 I haven't heard, but I can now relay these details (your truth codes and model) to them and ask their advice. Once I hear something I will report back, although it probably won't be today due to them being like 12 or so hours ahead and busy I'm sure.

Thumbs Up

thank you I appreciate how busy you are but look forward to some feedback from the ps3break team.

update, my downgrade has been a success, I phoned a m8 to bring his PS3break 1.2 down to my place (he got it off me when I ordered mine so all from same batch) I flashed with psgrade.mhex and tried again, it worked straight away I'm now at 3.41 also with no bluray issues

it seems the 2 dongles I have which you checked to be authentic work as jailbreaks, but won't do the downgrade even though the loader shows programming success very strange.
    Last edited by cackalack; 12-10-2010 at 09:07 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by cackalack View Post
    update, my downgrade has been a success, I phoned a m8 to bring his PS3break 1.2 down to my place (he got it off me when I ordered mine so all from same batch) I flashed with psgrade.mhex and tried again, it worked straight away I'm now at 3.41 also with no bluray issues
    OK, I will let them know that you resolved it then... at least you found someone with a working one to help out.

Question My only doubt is

When I plug my PS3 break in my USB port. It should be recognized, doesn't it? I mean, in device manager there should be a device with a driver that's not installed. Am I correct? But that doesn't happen in my case.

I'm stuck at step 1. What should I do?

Sponsored Links
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News