Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Has anyone succeeded in running Assassin's Creed II with this JB and original BUM? Some games work for me, but this one doesn't (shows the disc correctly after I select it with BUM but when I try to start it fades and then goes back to xmb). It's the one I wanted the most and went through all this jailbreaking process.. Plz, help!
    Last edited by efk0nas; 10-01-2010 at 06:20 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is your game on internal or external HDD ? If external, try internal as it has better compatibility due to filesize format. You shud use Open Manager to transfer from external to internal, it's very easy to use, more reliable than FTP and sooo much faster XD
    Anyway check the game compatibility list to know if your game works on external and/or internal HDD ... saves you some time ^_^

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Tid View Post
    Is your game on internal or external HDD ? If external, try internal as it has better compatibility due to filesize format. You shud use Open Manager to transfer from external to internal, it's very easy to use, more reliable than FTP and sooo much faster XD
    Anyway check the game compatibility list to know if your game works on external and/or internal HDD ... saves you some time ^_^
    I tried it both ways (from internal and from external) and it crashes every time.

By the way, does Open Manager really work with iPhone jailbreak? That's nice! I thought only original Backup Manager worked here..
    Last edited by efk0nas; 10-01-2010 at 07:15 PM

Question

hermes v2 has compiled for iphone 3G?

Quote Originally Posted by myth20 View Post
    Its seems like this not working in iphone 2g. I have download the new Modified version of psfreedom that will work without disk by hermes. Uninstall Openiboot then reinnstall Openiboot with the new hermes replace the file from resources/iphodroid_images delete the old files and replace with the files with heremes modified files to work with no_disk. I guess is this only working on iphone 3 not 2g? Anyone can let me know please advise thanks.
    Why did you reinstall Openiboot? Isn't it enough to just replace old files in iPhone with new ones over SSH?
    Quote Originally Posted by efk0nas View Post
    Why did you reinstall Openiboot? Isn't it enough to just replace old files in iPhone with new ones over SSH?
    Edit: so, got 3g with Hermes Modified for no disk and OM. All games I've tried work well but can't launch Assassin's Creed II: game starts (black screen), gives some sound and crashes back to XMB... Any ideas?
    Last edited by efk0nas; 10-02-2010 at 12:07 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Have you iphone idroid hermes files ?

i've got iphone 3g put the Hermes payload on but am still gettin EBOOT.BIN error when trying to load eyepet move ed in open manager 1.13 patched mode.

Dunno, guys.. Smth's wrong with this JB for iPhone thing. My system:

JB Device = iPhone 3G 
    PSGroove Version = PSFreedom v1.1 (with no disk support)
    Console Version = Fat 40gb
    Console Firmware Version = 3.41
    Open Backup Manager = OM_BG_Jurai_oct_550pm

Downloaded all games and put most of them on the internal via OM (copy ext->int), so permissions should be ok. What I get with them:

1. Assassin's Creed II. When I try to run it from XMB, game starts loading (black screen), but crashes back to XMB in a few secs. Doesn't matter, Hermes patch ON or OFF in OM.

2. Tekken 6 (ftp'ed to internal fia blackb0x v1.0b, because files are too large for FAT32 ext) gives:

Error (with Hermes patch OFF)= game data corrupted. delete game data to play this game. Which makes no sence because I've upgraded my internal HDD to bigger just a few minutes ago so it has no cache or game data on it at all.

Error (with Hermes patch ON)=cannot find EBOOT.BIN not found.

3. Heavy Rain. Starts loading, when I press it from XMB. Gives black screen with loading symbol at the bottom and stays there.. Reboots PS3 when I try to quit this screen. The same with Hermes ON/OFF.

Infamous doesn't start either...

However, some smaller games (OVERLORD II, Skate 3) do start. But Overlord II crashed on my in the middle of the game (scene froze, system became unresponsive), so it's not too good too..

EDIT: reverted PSFreedom to original version from wiki (not the one with Hermes no disc patch) and Tekken started working.

EDIT 2: InFamous works now too but only in French. WTF? Anyway, still no luck with Creed II and Heavy Rain..
    Last edited by efk0nas; 10-03-2010 at 02:33 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

To those who at least got some games to boot without a disk, what did you do? Several of us are getting an error when trying to launch from app home/PS3 game.

I can confirm I also keep getting the 80028f14 error whenever I try to launch a game via the /app_home/PS3_GAME entry. I'm using a 3G and replaced the android.img.gz and zImage files with the ones that have the Hermes payload, but still no dice. :-(

Sponsored Links

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News