Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Seeing how the newer bootrom has been cracked, it is only a matter of time until Openiboot will be made to work on newer iPhone 3G S and iPhone 4 models.

Quote Originally Posted by Montezumaa View Post
    Seeing how the newer bootrom has been cracked, it is only a matter of time until Openiboot will be made to work on newer iPhone 3G S and iPhone 4 models.
    Its been a long time since the 3gs old bootrom has been hacked. The reason openiboot doesn't work for it is because the patch comes too late for the bootloader, as is also true for the new jailbreak. It will be a long while before the new version of openiboot appears.

--rumblpak

Read some updated news. All current iPhones are now capable of bootrom hacking. Apple is going to have to update the hardware on all future iPhone(i.e., those phone that do not currently exist).

Thank you guys!!! I got the 2G to test it, but I still want to try it on my PSP : ) Can't wait to see $0nY products screw each other hehehe

Grrreeat!!!!

Yesterday YLOD, today new slim yes. Plus I have the IPhone 3G sweet. But here are my questions. Do you have to boot all the way into droid, or is everything initiated during the Openiboot (Linux) booting sequence? With that said, I previously had iDroid on my iphone and damn it sucks the h3ll out of your battery. Will the phone charge while connected to the PS3?

Can anyone get a simple step by step tutorial after installing OpeniBoot?

great. we need a bootrom level hack to be released :/ i don't see that happening anytime soon with all these user land exploits popping up.. damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by coobot View Post
    Can anyone get a simple step by step tutorial after installing OpeniBoot?
    Google is your friend man

Great news, since my G1 has a broken SD card I couldn't flash the G1 port.

Trying to install openiboot now on touch generation 1, some issues... hope to over come them soon!

Banned User
    Can someone compile it for the iphone as I keep getting errors when I try it.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast