Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm sorry to ask but any news on this working on ipod 1st gen?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It works fine on touch 1st gen.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by newgen2005 View Post
    1. Boot iPhone with Android to get "INIT" displaying on screen.
    2. Then connect iPhone to the PS3 (some people say try port 2 if port 1 doesn't work)
    3. Switch off at the back of the PS3 or disconnect the power cable from the back then reconnect it or switch it back on with the switch.
    4. Press the standby button (normal turn on button) followed by the eject button.
    5. The PS3 should boot in a few seconds (takes a little longer than normal), if you watch the iPhone screen you will see text appearing as the PS3 boots.
    6. Now you should see 2 additional folders within the game menu.
    7. You can now unplug the iPhone from the PS3.

You then need to download 'backup manager' and put it onto a formatted fat32 usb stick and install backup manager from the newly added folder in the game menu.

Sprit doesn't work for this process. Just backup your iphone in itunes and use redsn0w to jailbreak 3.12.
    well if i backup in itunes does it backup my contacts, apps, and everything or what exatclty does itunes backup?

Quote Originally Posted by xxkrizxx View Post
    well if i backup in itunes does it backup my contacts,apps,and everything or what exatclty does itunes backup?
    Itunes backs up contacts, msgs, email settings, doesnt backup apps or music.

Been trying to install Iphodroid all day long... after hitting shoot the iphone reboots into recovery mode and just stays there, there is no option to install android at bootup screen. No way to exit recovery mode except to restore iphone.

Using 3.1.2 firmware with redsn0w jailbreak. Extremely frustrating, think i might just end up doing this the hard way with linux.

anyone know where to get the original backup manager?

Hey, I tried all night last night and most of today to get iphodroid installed on my iPhone 2g. I restored it in iTunes to 3.1.2, jailbroke it with redsn0w with the 3.1.2 IPSW file, and then ran iphodroid to no avail. I kept getting to the same point of loading the quad thing at the end and it would keep throwing my phone into the "plug me in to itunes please!!" mode.

I kept restoring with iTunes to 3.1.2 and trying over and over again. I finally noticed that on the site for iphodroid that he was updating the version periodically. I downloaded the latest a couple hours ago (R13m) and after going through the process above 3 times, it finally just worked. Didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it but I'm now successfully running android on my iPhone 2g by using my Windows 7 64bit machine.

I guess, moral of the story is, make sure you have the latest iphodroid and just keep trying from scratch over and over again and it should work. Now I just have to wait until I can use my iPhone with Android to hack my ps3 and run the backup manager!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by bl0wme View Post
    anyone know where to get the original backup manager?
    It is available here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=20917

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmc874 View Post
    I guess, moral of the story is, make sure you have the latest iphodroid and just keep trying from scratch over and over again and it should work. Now I just have to wait until I can use my iPhone with Android to hack my ps3 and run the backup manager!
    Finally got mine working... Almost gave up but decided to give it one last try on my laptop instead. Have no reason why the difference since they both are on windows 7 64 bit.

Can you guys post the iphone part guide from the very beginning on how to get all the files in the iphone including openiboot with naidroid so you can then proceed to hack the damn thing. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News