Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that happened to me too, i installed it again and after i entered Iphone OS first and after i rebooted i had the option to dual boot.
    Last edited by Luisp1nt0; 09-11-2010 at 06:48 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    yeah. The file above doesnt work for me on my iPhone 2G. It stucks on "radio: reading baseband nvram ... done"
    you're getting that error because you used spiritjb or jailbreakme to jailbreak your idevice. it clearly states anywhere you read about idroid that it WON'T WORK with those. if you want to get this to work, then

1: downgrade to ios 3.1.2
    2: jailbreak with blackra1n RC3,
    3: then follow these directions (idroidproject.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=215) to install openiboot.
    How to Install OpeniBoot in Plain English (x64 and x86)

I tried to put as much detail and make this as simple as possible for everyone. I hope this helps you all! Comments are appreciated so my thread doesn't sink to the bottom

x86 Preparation
    1. sudo aptitude install libusb-1.0-0
    2. Put these drivers on your desktop [Register or Login to view links]
    3. Install Libreadline5 "sudo apt-get install libreadline5"

x64 Prepartion
    1. sudo aptitude install libusb-1.0-0
    2. Put these drivers on your desktop r [Register or Login to view links]
    3. Install Libreadline5 "sudo apt-get install libreadline5"

Getting the latest openiboot.img3
    1. Download the latest from my mediafire account [Register or Login to view links]

Installing OpeniBoot on your iPhone 3G
    1. Put the openiboot.img3 on your desktop.
    2. Put the iPhone in recovery (not dfu)

To put iPhone in recovery mode
    1. Turn off the iPhone
    2. Hold down the home button and plug in your iPhone
    3. Congradulatins your now in recovery mode.

3. In terminal type "cd Desktop/"
    4. Now Type "sudo ./loadibec openiboot.img3"
    5. The OpeniBoot UI should now be booted up
    6. Select console and hit "Home" button
    7. Now Type "sudo ./oibc" to connect to the console interface.
    8. Wait for "Welcome to OpeniBoot"
    9. Now type "install" to install OpeniBoot onto your iPhone 3G
    10. Now just wait until its finished.
    11. Once the install is finished type "poweroff"
    12. Celebrate OpeniBoot is now installed!
    after you have openiboot installed, add this cydia repo, "http://repo.neonkoala.co.uk/"
    now install Bootlace through cydia.
    run bootlace and go to the idroid tab, and press "install idroid."
    once it's done, SSH into your idevice or use a program like ifunbox to get into it through USB.
    now go into /private/var/ and replace the files located in there according to your idevice.
    once they're replaced, power off your idevice and power it back on.
    select "iDroid."
    at this point, your idevice should be unplugged from your ps3 and your ps3 should be switched off/unplugged.
    once it's done loading, it will flood your terminal with "INIT"
    while it's flooding (it won't stop), plug it into your PS3.
    now plug in/switch on your ps3.
    press power on and then eject button about .5-1 second later.
    your ps3 will take about 5-6 seconds to actually turn on if you did it properly.
    if your idevice is being flooded with "DEVICESREADY" then it did not work, so just hold home+hold until your idevice powers off.
    now turn it back on, select 'iDroid,' and repeat the process from switching on/plugging in your ps3.

it's extremely simple, if you follow directions, but people keep trying to do it with spiritjb or 3.1.3/redsn0w.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    @shabutie78 nop. I have andorid installed, and it works. It only stucks with the image above. Android works fine for since many days

I'm trying to do this with VMware on an iPhone 3G, 3.0.1 FW jailbroken, Ubuntu 10.04 would not recognize this, however VMware categorized it as a removal device and knew it was an iPhone. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by shabutie78 View Post
    you're getting that error because you used spiritjb or jailbreakme to jailbreak your idevice. it clearly states anywhere you read about idroid that it WON'T WORK with those. if you want to get this to work, then [...]
    So, after i followed your guide i have the same problem. it stucks on "radio: reading baseband nvram... done"

anyone one knows if its been worked a solution to the ipod 3g?

Lightbulb

A PSFreedom version for the iPhone 2G and 3G was added to the first post earlier today, but it appears to be from a Spanish site so not sure how well it works. I've also added some precompiled 2G/3G versions there so if anyone gives them a try feel free to share your results.

I can confirm I got it working on an Iphone 3g version 4.00 firmware by using Iphodroid to install android on my iphone and then using iphonebrowser to copy the pre-compiled file posted earlier in this thread much easier than having to install ubuntu in vmware etc

Thanks for the uploads and tuts to everyone that posted now bring on the abillity to boot backup manager

What would be the iPod Touch 2g equivalent when you look at iphone 2g/3g? I can't figure out how to install Openiboot/Android.

My current firmware is 4.0 iOS, jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 and the model is AT1288. I d/l'd iPhoDroid_1SHOT_R13i_3G_PC and when I press Shoot, it says No connection: Re-jailbreak with redsn0w.
    Last edited by Xyfer; 09-11-2010 at 11:15 PM

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfer View Post
    I can't figure out how to install Openiboot/Android.
    You probably already saw it, but in case you missed it... there is an Openiboot guide in this post that may help:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post305866

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News