Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by vikeor View Post
    I have a Hero so i'll give it a shot... anyone know what the story is with the supposed MAC banning?
    Unfortunatelly - Sony is NOT using something as simple and obsolete as simple MAC banning (which could be easilly spoofed) but instead both PSN ID as well as console ID ban (both transferred via encrypted communication during login to PSN so do not expect this being overcomed any time soon).

Bottom line - if you want to be on the safe side simply DON'T go online with JB PS3 anymore - simple as that. This includes going online even when not in JB mode anymore.

Sponsored Links

Cant get it right

Sponsored Links
    Hello, I have been trying to get my Hero to play nice but no luck so far. I am new to this sort of thing so I am sure user error is probably causing my problems.

I have tried the methods posted in the first post of this thread but it seems I cant get the phone in the mode I need. My Hero is rooted and I am using Clockwork mod to boot to recovery. When I try to flash to the patched recovery file using a command prompt in Windows all appears to go well however when I reboot recovery the Hero hangs and the only way I can get it to respond is removing the battery from it.

I then need to go into rom manager and tell it to write the clockwork mod again to be able to boot into recovery. So I am back to square one. Does anyone out there have any advice as to what I might try? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Anyone know if the Hero port will work on the Eris? Essentially, they are the same phone.

Registered User DreaDNoughT1666's Avatar
    i can say that the X1 psgroove/freedom doesnt work on the X10 Mini Pro.

hero port works fine here.

anyone know if it works on the HTC incredible? work is getting me one today, it would be nice if this works on it.

Unhappy Hero and image recovery update

Hi all.

I installed the first RA image recovery modified for PSfreedom via adb shell method explained on xda forum. Yesterday i noticed that there is a new recovery image with peek/poke support and today i tried to install it... however, i can't get adb running...

I tried the two methods described here: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=561124 but everytime i start the adb server on my Debian machine i get this error:

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    error: device not found

Do you noticed the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Unfortunatelly - Sony is NOT using something as simple and obsolete as simple MAC banning (which could be easilly spoofed) but instead both PSN ID as well as console ID ban (both transferred via encrypted communication during login to PSN so do not expect this being overcomed any time soon).

Bottom line - if you want to be on the safe side simply DON'T go online with JB PS3 anymore - simple as that. This includes going online even when not in JB mode anymore.
    question: if i use the ps3 server software, i have to turn internet settings on right.

Or is there another way to ftp to the ps3 without connecting to net?

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by zadow30 View Post
    question: if i use the ps3 server software, i have to turn internet settings on right.

Or is there another way to ftp to the ps3 without connecting to net?
    It depends on what you need to do. You can simply change Internet settings to Manual and modify the IP of the Internet gateway. If you put a bad IP address as gateway (for example, if the default gateway is 192.168.0.1, you can modify it to 192.168.0.123) you can still access the PS3 inside the lan, but the console doesn't have access to Internet.

No peek poke update for xperia yet?

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News