Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSFreedom is Now Ported to the Motorola Droid Phone!

Sponsored Links
    According to girlsname on PSX-Scene.com (linked above), PSFreedom is now ported to the Motorola Droid phone!

It is compiled against 2.6.32 kernel, so make sure your rootfs is from a ROM that uses that kernel. It was tested on CyMod6 but anything from that kernel should work.

Download: PSFreedom Motorola Droid Port / Droid Freedom Update

To quote: This port was really done as a collaboration between a bunch of people. Too many to name but if they want a mention let me know and I'll oblige.

Instructions:

Copy boot.img to sdcard

Copy psfreedom.ko to /data/ on root of device

Boot into recovery mode and via adb cd to sdcard and run "flash_image boot boot.img"

Restart device normally and run Terminal Emulator.

In terminal type "su" then enter

Then type "insmod data/psfreedom.ko"

Follow normal PSJB steps

Notes:

Droid must be rooted for this to work.

Your phone will not be able to charge or use USB of any sort other than JB when flashed with this kernel.

It is highly recommended that you make a backup of your current ROM. This will allow you to easily restore just the working Boot partition via Nandroid->Advance Restore later

Use the shortest USB cord you can find as it helps with timing

Timing may be a bit wonky so it might take a few tries. It does work though.

PSFreedom is Now Ported to the Motorola Droid Phone!

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I moved this to the Site News, and +Rep for sharing it Predator04.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanx! Now all I have to do is borrow my sis phone when i see her in a month Come on for more droids... specifically the X

Quote Originally Posted by clouduzz View Post
    thanx! Now all I have to do is borrow my sis phone when i see her in a month Come on for more droids...specifically the X
    I'm sure it won't be much longer assuming the droid x has the proper USB controller.

Exclamation

I advise people to use this with EXTREME CAUTION. Since when you activate this hack, it disables USB charging, you're screwed if your phone's battery runs dead and you don't have an external battery charger (which i suspect most owners won't).

You should probably put out a note to use it only with = or > say 50% battery, and immediately restore a proper kernel upon successful execution of the exploit on the PS3.

Sounds like an awful lot of stuff to go thru to do this! I hope that whenever they release an iPhone/iPod port, it wont be this difficult! I doubt it would... hopefully just be a cydia package... hopefully soon we can find out!

command to copy boot.img doesn't work for me wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by condorstrike View Post
    command to copy boot.img doesn't work for me wtf?
    Its not a command your looking for... you copy the files to the sd card itself... Connect the phone to the pc and copy the file boot.img to the sd card. and Copy psfreedom.ko to /data/ on root of device
    Last edited by Predator04; 09-09-2010 at 04:12 AM

I'm having a problem running insmod data/psfreedom.ko it says it cant open it? Hmm. What am I missing

Maybe not a rooted phone ?

Is the file there .. from where you are in the subdirectory "data" with the name "psfreedom.ko" (case sensitive)

Sensi
    Last edited by sensismile; 09-09-2010 at 04:31 AM

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News