Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i tried the easier method posted above but when i reboot there seems to be no change to my phone and can't seem to get it to work on ps3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by EiKii View Post
    for the moment you can't load without a working Blu-ray drive as backup mananger use it to emulate boot sequence, but rumors tells its incoming but hasent been confirmed yet.
    I got the jailbreak to work and see the "Install Package" and "/app_home/PS3_GAME" menu items, but I can't seem to find Backup Manager... what am I missing here?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can I use PSFreedom with my droid on a ps3 with older 3.10 fw?

How the fff do I get 'psfreedom.ko' into the phone's root /data directory? I cannot figure this out for the life of me. Attempting to use Astro file manager to move the file from the SDcard to the directory, but its just not working.

Yes, phone is rooted and ready to go.

Also, another question: will this exploit itself (Jailbreak) work on firmwares older than v3.41? Do I have to be on v3.41 firmware?
    Last edited by The End; 09-10-2010 at 03:47 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    How the fff do I get 'psfreedom.ko' into the phone's root /data directory? I cannot figure this out for the life of me. Attempting to use Astro file manager to move the file from the SDcard to the directory, but its just not working.

Yes, phone is rooted and ready to go.

Also, another question: will this exploit itself (Jailbreak) work on firmwares older than v3.41? Do I have to be on v3.41 firmware?
    Use the zip file from like page 4 of this thread. It is much easier now than the instructions in the main post.

But, to answer your question, you would do this:
    cd \sdcard\
    cp psfreedom.ko \data\psfreedom.ko

You need busybox for the cp command to work, CyanogenMod has this built-in. Other ROMs may not.

When you activate this hack, make sure you don't have the phone's USB hooked up to anything. This can make the hack fail to work correctly. Simply make sure the phone is not connected to anything via USB when enabling the exploit. When the phone is ready, make sure the PS3 is completely off (no red LED light on the front of it), connect the phone to the first USB port on the PS3, turn the ps3 on and quickly tap the eject button. That is all.

You will need to find a copy of backup manager and put it on a USB drive and plug it into the ps3. Then you can look under the package installer folder located on the PS3 XMB menu, and install the backup manager program.

Once you install the backup manager to the PS3, you no longer need to have a usb device with backup manager on it, since it works directly off the PS3 once you install it.

Note: You can unplug your phone at this point, remove the hack, and plug the phone up normally to the PS3 as a USB Storage device. This allows you to get backup manager if you copied it to your phone (for people who dont have another USB device to put the backup manager on).

Backup Manager should be located somewhere in the PS3 downloads on here, it may also be available on other sites. The Stealth version of Backup manager had problems working correctly, so I suggest using a normal/official copy until people find a way to edit it without breaking it.

I hope this helps everyone.

UPDATE: I just tested the new .zip file. The new zip file does not require you to run any commands like the old method. I did notice that you have to be VERY VERY quick when pressing the eject button for this exploit to work. I tried doing this one time and I pressed the eject button about half a second after pressing the front power button, and it did not work. I tried again, making sure to press the eject button as fast as humanly possible after pressing the power button, and it worked like a charm.

Another tip: After you enable the exploit and let your phone boot into Android, give the phone a minute or so to load completely up and stop lagging. If you try to use this exploit as quickly as Android starts, the phone may be lagging too much to do the exploit correctly.

As always, I urge everyone to make that nandroid backup and have > 50% bettery before attempting to use this hack on their phone. Your USB port on the phone will be useless for anything other than the exploit (including not being able to charge the phone) while the exploit is enabled. Make sure you have at least 50% battery before enabling the exploit, and make sure to restore boot (disable the hack) as soon as the PS3 is jailbroken, so your phone does not die while the hack is on (and unable to charge via USB).
    Last edited by SwordOfWar; 09-10-2010 at 04:20 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok i've flashed the freedom zip over and over on cyn 6 bugless beast everything it says its loaded but after i reboot my phone remains the same it charges and the usb still works ive downloaded the zip i found here plus any other updated one and nothing i am using rom manager. what am i doing wrong?

Can you switch HDD if you use PSfreedom?

Like can I install psfreedom on both HDD or I only can use one?

Thanks

To anyone wondering, charging from the wall outlet or via the multimedia dock still works. It's just PC USB charging that is disabled it seems. So if you charge from the dock, you can leave this kernal loaded all the time, and just use wifi to transfer files to your phone if needed.

Question

do you have to have the droid connected everytime you turn on your ps3?

Quote Originally Posted by indemand2005 View Post
    do you have to have the droid connected everytime you turn on your ps3?
    yes, you have to have it connected to boot the ps3 or it will not work correctly.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News