Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSFreedom Now Officially Supports PS3 Firmware 3.01

Sponsored Links
    Update #2: Jevinskie has now has coded the PL3 branch to now work on PSGroove devices, evilsperm has compiled PSGroove Jevin Firmware available HERE and RichDevX has released a 3.40 (Static) Debug Payload and a 3.40 + 3.41 (Static) Debug Payload so PS3 Debug users can utilize PSGroove to dump kernels, etc.

Update from KaKaRoTo, to quote: "Philhug and I have worked together recently to make PL3 compatible with 3.15, and it is now done, working and ready for you to use.

I have just pushed the latest changes to github, so just update both PSFreedom and PL3, and define FIRMWARE_3_15 in PSFreedom’s config.h and recompile. You will then be able to enjoy your unrestricted PS3 on 3.15 firmwares. Enjoy!"

He also shared an IDA Script to Automate LV2 Dump today as detailed HERE.

Download: PSFreedom with PS3 Firmware 3.01/3.15 Support / PSFreedom PL3 3.01/3.15 Update / PSFreedom with PS3 Firmware 3.01/3.10/3.15 Support / PSFreedom PL3 3.01/3.10/3.15 Update

A few days ago we reported that more PSFreedom ports were on the way, and today KaKaRoTo has announced that PSFreedom now officially supports PS3 Firmware version 3.01.

Download: PSFreedom with PS3 Firmware 3.01 Support / PSFreedom PL3 3.01 Update

To quote: "I've got some great news for those of you who have not updated your PS3 firmware! I have just succeeded in adding Firmware 3.01 support into PSFreedom. I've pushed the latest code to [Register or Login to view links] and you can now download the source and compile PSFreedom for 3.01.

For now, you will need to edit config.h and change the FIRMWARE_3_41 into FIRMWARE_3_01, then recompile. However, I will soon add support for dynamically choosing the target firmware version by simply doing a : echo 3.01 > /proc/psfreedom/fw_version

I will soon add support for firmware 3.10 and 3.15, so be patient, and you will be rewarded. I would like to thank Klutsh as well as Philippe Hub who helped me achieve this port to 3.01. The new payload changes are available in the [Register or Login to view links] and any project/port that is also using PL3 should automatically gain support for the 3.01 firmware.

You will also be able to enjoy some new 'tools' in PL3 that will allow you to dump the LV2 kernel as well as the decrypted ELF files of the XMB and other configuration files it uses. The ethernet dumping is also now compatible with PS3 Slim models.

I would like to thank, again, those who have donated. For the others, you can still donate, if you appreciate the work I've done. Enjoy!"

Good news! I wonder what would happen if you dump the dev_flash for 3.01 and run it on 3.41 ;)

PSFreedom Now Officially Supports PS3 Firmware 3.01

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Great news. Canīt wait for 3.15 so I can JailBreak my 2nd ps3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cool news indeed, and +Rep for the submission sk group.

Nice, i hope this is the next way to CFW

Fantastic! Hats off to KaKarotos, waiting for 3.15 support.

And thanks for sharing sk group.

wow... did he just imply we can dump the 3.01 dev_flash and boot it using our 3.41 fw ps3?? :O

jizzz in my pants

Quote Originally Posted by jevolution View Post
    wow... did he just imply we can dump the 3.01 dev_flash and boot it using our 3.41 fw ps3?? :O

jizzz in my pants
    yep! now we just wait for somebody do bloody do it!!

*excited*

Still waiting for a debug firmware jailbreak.

Does this mean if we run Linux on 3.01 on jailbroken ps3 then Linux will obtain all access to hypervisor and SPU or it will be limited as it is now? If so, mkv 1080p welcome too

Got mixed feelings about this:

- First I cannot figure out who rocks the most: Kakaroto or my N900?
    - Second, I kind of regret to have rushed into upgrading from 3.15 to 3.41 and giving up my Ubuntu on the OtherOS now that Kakaroto is surely gonna get it to work with this firmware as well...

In any case, big props to Kakaroto!!

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News