Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by barrybarryk View Post
    well I can tell you the videos are fake, all three are cut after the 'emu' is loaded from the xmb which is obvious from the light shift, fading differences and position of the camera in relation to the screen.

that's not proof the project is fake, it's just likely it is, but the videos certainly are.
    second 33 and second 34 is different

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is one of two things I am waiting for. Once an N64 emulator is available, my PS3 will cease to play PS3 games or access PSN content. Instead, I will have thousands of thousands of games spanning multiple generations on one system that works with a large TV and has a wireless controller.

Icing on the cake would be porting Dolphin, and being able to use the move controller instead of a wiimote. It would be the only good reason to buy a move controller

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm gonna have to agree that this looks fake, and a poorly made one at that. Totally lame.

Damn, I was genuinely excited for this but after reading the whole fake vs. real debate I've become a skeptic

The reasons being:

video #1: 132 stars - its been too long since I played mario 64 for me to remember but from what I've read the N64 version only had 120 where as the version for ds had 30 more added putting the total to 150

video #3: the jump at around 0:32

What I really need is a DS emulator for my PS3.

nice, i'm glad that the scene is going at that speed.

From dx64 irc any one want to try it? it seems kinda hard since i would need to get the source from an old rev like 400's since that is when the sys thing for ps3 and other things were removed and is a longshot that it will work at all:
    <Sxxxx> If you know how to compile PS3 stuff, you can compile Daedalus and try it on your PS3
    <klitzs> wouldnt work lol
    <Sxxxx> yes
    <klitzs> besides i dont know how to...
    <Sxxxx> but you need the leaked SDK
    <klitzs> jxxxxxx has that
    <Sxxxx> check SysBig in Daedalus source
    <Sxxxx> PS3 ready already
    <klitzs> if it booted i would be happy
    <klitzs> i wish jonlimle was paying attention
    <klitzs> he would tell me why it wouldnt work
    <Sxxxx> if you know how to compile things, just compile it and try it
    Last edited by klitzs; 02-24-2011 at 12:07 AM

PS364 Nintendo 64 Emulator for PS3 Development Announced

Following up on the recent N64 Emulator for PS3 videos posted, today another Team known as EmulateMii have announced that the PS364 Nintendo 64 Emulator for PS3 is currently under development.

To quote: "We’ve been playing with PSL1GHT, the legal, open SDK for PS3, over the past couple days, and we have a basic port of Wii64 to PS3 already. Expect more to come...

PS. There is some recent news about a team claiming to be working on an N64 emulator for PS3. Just so you know, that story is not about us or about PS364."

More details will be posted on this Nintendo 64 PS3 Emulator WIP as they are available.

PS364 Nintendo 64 Emulator for PS3 Development Announced

More PlayStation 3 News...

This is legit, the only one of the 3 so far... Team EmulateMii is legit.

PS364 Nintendo 64 Emulator for PS3 Development Update Details

As a follow-up to their previous update, this weekend EmulateMii has confirmed that the PS364 Nintendo 64 Emulator for PS3 is still under development and has a near-complete hardware renderer.

To quote: Long overdue progress update and... a 1up on bigN!

We must start by saying that yes, it sure has been a while since our last update. Followers can rest assured though that we have been actively developing all of our projects in one way or another. As mentioned before, all three of us have very little time to work on this stuff due to real life commitments, but combined we seem to be getting things done at what we think is a decent pace.

WiiSX has seen some tinkering to try and get compatibility up, but has run into other issues. We have been keeping in sync with pcsx-reloaded whilst trying to maintain the PPC dynarec for it. Eventually we need to add more recompiled functions to the dynarec in WiiSX, particularly GTE. We initially wanted to do a full PPC dynarec re-write, but that doesn’t seem feasible time-wise at the moment. Future plans for WiiSX also include porting a hardware renderer now that Pete’s OpenGL plugin is open-sourced.

The Wii64 port to PS3 now has a near-complete hardware renderer since our last post. However, the dynarec needs some work to run on a 64bit PPC architecture. The Pure Interpreter core has little (if any) performance increase over the Wii running the same core, so PS364 really needs the dynarec.

Wii64 for the GC/Wii has seen the most in terms of progress. There has been USB2 support added as well as a port of Rice (graphics plugin) amongst other smaller bug-fixes and optimizations since the last release. One notable feature that we’re really excited about is...

That’s right, high-resolution, custom texture paks are now supported on the Wii using Wii64! Of course, this is still Work-In-Progress, but we’re nearing completion.. Expect a release after this feature is complete. We feel like this is where homebrew emulation on the Wii can really shine and provide an enhancement that Nintendo is not able to offer with their official software.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News