Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: Nintendo 64 - N64 Emulator on PS3 Alpha First Look

Sponsored Links
    We are a team of 3 guys who have been working on a Nintendo 64 emulator for quite some time now, and we have decided to go out with the news since now our N64 emulator is officially working on the PS3.

We still have a huge load of things to work on, but it's playable and N64 is finally working on the PS3.

What we have done so far:
    • 1 player (keyboard only)
    • We have succeeded to enable gameshark codes
    • Graphics works excellent on most games we have tried; Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Ridge Racer 64, Diddy Kong Racer, Mario Kart 64, Banjo Kazooie and 1080 Snowboard.
    • Games we have tried that are jerky (so far): Duke Nukem 64, Doom 64, Hexen 64 and WCW Smackdown 64.

Issues (we are working on):
    • Audio is not working yet.
    • A user interface and the ability to edit and change files such as controller settings, cheat codes, etc. (We do all this over FTP now).
    • Game menu (we now have to upload one game at the time).
    • PS3 controller, (we now have to use a USB keyboard).
    • Multiplayer.

We have decided to use ps3news and youtube to communicate with you guys, and if you want to help us out, feel free to either email us at n64onps3@gmail.com or PM us on youtube.

We will upload videos for every new feature or issue we fix, so please subscribe to us on youtube. We want to keep you guys updated so you can follow our process.

And we will of course update you here as well since this is the official ps3 news website for hackers. Please share the video and all that stuff.

Here's the youtube video we just uploaded:

And have a nice day

Video: Nintendo 64 - N64 Emulator on PS3 Alpha First Look

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    glad to see some progress on N64 Emulation, even if I'm not entirely convinced it's real (video is particularly flaky). But fair played on the progress, can't wait play ocarina of time on my PS3!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    lmfao somebody doesn't know how to film a freaking television.

i vote fake. they can make an emulator but they can't hold a camera?

I merged this into our ongoing Nintendo 64 Emulator for PS3 thread for now, but I will mainpage your video post if enough people feel it's legit or if you make a better one that can be added to your post above.

A bunch of people didn't seem to like my filming Oh well, I made 2nd video.

Here's the thing though.. the only camera I have is on the phone, so that's what I used. I have to hold the phone and the controller, and then switch from ps3 controller to keyboard. Try the same thing and you will see why this got messed up. But my 2nd vid looks better. You can see the ps3, the tv screen and all that. I hope that proves it a lot better.

and shocker for a second time we don't see you select an n64 emu on xmb and video cuts during loading. If it is real then that's some weird michael bay style POC filming lol

Kudos to you guys, it's fantastic to see progress towards a full speed N64 emu.

A couple of quick questions if i may, what are your end goals? (apart from the obvious) & do you plan to incorporate the support that Project64 has for texture enhancement (HQ4x etc) and hi-res texture pack loading (L.O.Z.O.O.T, Mario64 etc)

On behalf of all N64 fans - many,many thanks for all your hard work so far. I look forward to hearing of your progress on this.

Yes. If you read the video description you'll see what I'm working on and what I got so far.

Newest updates: I think I am about to solve the ps3 controller issue.

I think it's real and check your youtube inbox pls

OK here's the best video so far. FAQ's have been asked and replied to in the comments section below the video. Read them and read the description for all the details on why there's no menu and what not.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News