Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3Wizard v1.0 PS3 Homebrew Application for PC is Released

Sponsored Links
    Today PlayStation 3 developer PsDev has released PS3Wizard v1.0, a PS3 homebrew application for PC allowing users to utilize PS3 templates within Visual Studio.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: To install run the program it will look for the Ps3 Wizard required files... should find them considering there in the download.

Then will look for visual studio 9.0 folder to transfer the files to install the template. Thanks.

Version 1.5 Final Features:
    • Works with Windows Vista, Seven and XP.
    • Has Fail0vefFlow makefile with psvibe main.
    • Now works with 2010 (this is a 2010 only version)
    • Easy to make homebrew starts and possible finishes.
    • Coded in C++

Features:
    • Works with Windows Vista, Seven and XP.
    • Has Fail0veflow makefile with psvibe main.
    • Not sure but only tested with 2008 Visual Studio.
    • Easy to make homebrew starts and possible finishes.

Make sure stuff:
    • Once the program has been written you should compile it to a pkg in PsL1ght as the makefile set for that.
    • Don't take of the Files Folder it can't run with out it you get a error like in the picture below.

PS3Wizard v1.1a Update: No big changes just fixed ico issue... and if you want take the vsz place in wizards and that might work for 2010 not verified thanks.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So it's recommended to use VS 2008 instead of 2010?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, at least that is all it's been tested with... if it was me I'd try the latest first to see though if it's handy.

Any test? Any example video? Please, make one.

If I see any videos of it in action on YouTube, etc I will add them to the first post..

I have also updated the first post now with version 1.1a.

Thanks in advance

Confused

Can someone please help understand this?

Developers use what is called an IDE to write and compile code - Visual Studio is an IDE. It allows for templates to be used so that Developers can create their own applications using that template as a base line start.

What this template does is allow any (aspiring) PS3 Homebrew Developer to use it as a base line for any Homebrew game or application they wish to make. Basically, if you're not a developer or don't know how to code then this isn't for you.

On my Win7 x64 this required additional DLL's - mscvp100d.dll and mscvr100d.dll.

Both are available from here:

[Register or Login to view links]

[Register or Login to view links]

Just copy them to %WINDIR%\system32 and should work fine then
    Last edited by saviour07; 08-29-2011 at 11:08 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks very much for the wonderful help... Hey I like this forum... Even though I am a new to this playstation I am enjoying your forum... I have refused to update my game to 3.7 because I want a jailbreak for 3.61 let me know if there is any...

My country Ghana lacks in even Game disc so I cant buy any if I have the money to thanks... And the person who bought the game for me always lies to me that a game disc cost 100 dollars in us and I have only South Africa 2010 and Nascar 2011 which I find it boring.

There's a whole load of topics covering how (at the moment) 3.6 and above can't be jailbroken. BUT they can be downgraded to a Firmware which can be Jailbroken HOWEVER it is a somewhat complicated process and one which newbies shouldn't attempt or anyone whose not comfortable/confident with messing around with the internals of their PS3.

Like I say that's a totally separate topic though.

Back on track... The Application provided seems to either be hard-coded to use "Program Files" rather than using %PROGRAMFILES% or doesn't like VS2008 Pro

I'll try it in a VM with Win7 x86 instead of x64...

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News