Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3Stinger PS JailBreak Clone Incoming, Shipping in September

Sponsored Links
    Today what appears to be another PS JailBreak clone dubbed PS3Stinger has arrived according to PuppetMaster via PSX-Scene (linked above).

While the official Web site [Register or Login to view links] isn't live yet, a [Register or Login to view links] page has been setup, and some preliminary details on this PS3 modchip are available below, to quote:

"The announcer Tech1000 states that it's: Just for reference and will change next week once the pcb's are ready.

I sent in an email earlier today requesting some more information and got the following response:

Hi,

Thanks for the mail, Price depends on quantity 50-100 pieces is Euro35 stock ready to ship around 15th Sept (Pcb's ready next week so maybe a bit sooner). Exactly the same as the jailbreak as its a direct clone.

Difference with dealing with us is fast replies and we won't screw our customers on price, Also can do fast overnight shipping via Fedex to the US.

Some of the guys we are dealing with already are allsystemsgo.nl /Consolepro.nl and loads of the UK sellers including wii-chip.co.uk/ 360upgrades.co.uk so lots of people to vouch that we are legit as well.

Thanks
    Phil on twitter aka ps3stinger"

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    wow it seems the clones will never stop, good for price wars but bad if we have to wait a while to determine how many clones actually work.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The more the merrier I say. Competition is great, adds choice, variety, and a wide range of price points.
    Last edited by red8316; 08-26-2010 at 11:04 PM Reason: spelling

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by red8316 View Post
    The more the merrier I say. Competition is great, adds choice, variety, and a wide range of price points.
    Definitely agree there, it can only drive the outrageous prices down lower and lower.

Yes, a cheaper one. When will this come out?

I'm waiting for a free scene release, or if I can turn a 2GB flash drive into one myself.

Conviently enough, I got like 10 2 GB flash drives at school today because it was registration and thats one of the little rewards you got for paying your student fees.

So now if something like that does happen, I can fk it up 9 times, or make 10 of them and sell 9

The "sting" in PS3Stinger is Sony setting up a "sting" operation with this device!

Quote Originally Posted by tonybologna View Post
    The "sting" in PS3Stinger is Sony setting up a "sting" operation with this device!
    LOL! I could've sworn the "sting" in PS3Stinger was the sting your wallet felt with all this nonsense pricing. I'm a wait for the free release, it just seems bizarre that something like this could cost more than $15 (and I am generous by that estimate) If a free option can't be released, then I will wait and let economics work it's magic... I always loved doing business with the Chinese markets!

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Definitely agree there, it can only drive the outrageous prices down lower and lower.
    but we will never know which Clone will have the best support, for example: updates, etc...

Honestly I think the PS JailBreak and clones are just a temporary fix to generate some quick cash, and it won't be long until the code leaks publicly or the guys reversing it sort out a free or DIY scene solution.

Needless to say, once the PS3 scene takes over development it will explode far beyond what any single company could offer... so in my book claims of "better support/updates" are just a promotional gimmick to get those quick sales.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News