Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS3Splitter 1.1.4.0 is Now Available for PS3 JailBreak Users

A few months ago we first saw OpenSplit and Split4G, and today PSGroove reports that PS3Splitter 1.1.4.0 by http://www.karmian.org/projects/ps3splitter/ is now available for PS3 JailBreak users alongside some updates below.

Download: PS3Splitter v1.1.4.0 / PS3Splitter v1.1.5.1

To quote: As most of you already know, there is a 4GB file limitation imposed by FAT32 hard drives. When using an external hard drive and trying to copy certain games with large files, problems may occur.

PS3Splitter has come to the rescue, allowing users to break up large 4GB+ files into smaller files. This app will automatically scan for large files that require splitting. Making things easy for the user to get their games working on external hard drives.

The method currently supports Open Manager and Gaia Manager. Also make sure to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile before using PS3Splitter.

Features:

-Automatic scan of selected directory including sub directories for files larger than FAT32 max file size.
    -File split is compatible with Open Manager & Gaia Manager methods.
    -"Delete original file" as option.
    -AutoUpdate as option.
    -Aside from progress bar for file split operation there is additional progress bar showing total progress - helpful if processing more than one file.
    -Total progress is also visible in taskbar under Windows 7.
    -Parts file size is set to 1024 MB.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks, keep the good work!

Question

split to filename.666## or filename.#.part?

It really doesn't matter, I take "filename.#.part" and it runs fine. I will use this splitter instead of Split4G, seems to run smoother.

Nice app, but mostly it got better looks, not really more. I stay with Opensplit , works like charm..

Greets

Looks nice, will give it a try! Some splitters out there are really slow, maybe this one is faster.

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    It really doesn't matter, I take "filename.#.part" and it runs fine. I will use this splitter instead of Split4G, seems to run smoother .
    Smoother like FASTER or what?

so how many splitters are there, do we honestly need this many. Me I prefer Comgenie's they all seem to work the same, but I prefer part files.

Making things easy for the user to get their games working on external hard drives.
    But how is this possible? When I put in the External HDD a splitted game and try to execute it in open manager, I always have the error message: "You cannot play split game" (or sort of).

So is really possible to run for example GOW Collection (splitted on a FAT32 HDD)? if yes, how?

thanks

Just wondering about the state of NTFS drivers for the PS3. Does the jail broken environment provide enough support for writing a NTFS driver ? Then, when PS3 had Linux, was it not possible to access NTFS drives ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast