Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3SaveUnlocker - PS3 Game Save Unlocker Homebrew App

Sponsored Links
    Recently ColdReader released PS3SaveUnlocker, a PS3 Game Save Unlocker homebrew PC application for the PlayStation 3 entertainment system.

Currently this won't work on different region PS3 saves as it copies your PSN ID (both occurances) and then parses the other param.sfo and puts your ID in that param.sfo and rebuilds it.

Download: PS3SaveUnlocker / PS3SaveUnlocker r1 / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: Hello everyone, i created this little app it took me about 15 minutes.

This app can unlock another persons save by opening your param.sfo from your save and then opening their param.sfo from their save, it will then create a new param.sfo that you can use to overwrite the other param.sfo in the other users save that you'd like to use.

this app may not work for some or most games, but i know it works on raging blast 2 =D

p.s. i used satanicat's save guide as a basis for creating the app

UPDATE: i've added a few error checks to the app

UPDATE 2/8/11: i've added a few tweaks to the UI, also i've made the app copy your gameID from yourSFO to the otherSFO if the id in otherSFO is not the same, hopefully this might help games from other regions work.

UPDATE 2/9/11: i've added a save file dialog, in other words, you shouldnt get any file errors now, you can choose the name and where to save the modded param.sfo also theres a new feature enabling you to copy your console id to the modded param.sfo users can try this if the default settings wont work.

PS3SaveUnlocker - PS3 Game Save Unlocker Homebrew App

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wow, this could come in handy when some people want my gamesaves on red dead redemption and such. Great App Bro, Props.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so it won't fix saved games that were screwed by downgrading?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is useful for sure! So, does it tell us the path to the save files? I never did find those.

This looks handy... thanks

Now this is perfect! Please try to keep this updated or maybe provide a way for people to backup locked saves via PS3, without having it softmodded to do it.

Locked saves are lame and this is just great! Thanks a ton

Cool A Better alternative to saves unlocker

Ok i know this is better than to use the param.sfo app just released.

Step 1. Install Rebug1.01
    Step 2. Install the Second debug menu
    Step 3. Turn on the "Fake Save Data Owner" option and every save game you load will be made yours but i don't recommend turning it off.

Been trying to get this to work with Dead Space with no luck. I get an error 80something when trying to copy it to the ps3. Says it's corrupt. Also, it seems to change the size of the file.

Disregard the size thing. That's just because the usb is FAT32. Anyhoo, still no luck.
    Last edited by Anticleric; 02-08-2011 at 12:36 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

With these small steps, we'll be completely advancing in no time!

I've just been poking around some of my save dumps. I think this might only work with games that store all of the user data in the SFO file. Most games also have a PARAM.PFD file as well as a separate file for the main save data(which could also store user info).

So, it looks like we're out of luck for more complex saves. Anyone working on a simple decrypter / encrypter so we can hack the save files and get some extra health?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News