Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Here here, brother. Another in a long line of scammers trying to make a quick buck. And I agree, the fact that they're basically trying to sell CJPC's hard work REALLY pisses me off to no end. For once, here's one clone group I DO hope gets shut down. CJPC deserves more respect then that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by OGroteKoning View Post
    Two interesting things. They say firmware 3.41 or lower - this means you don't have to update to 3.41 (still to be tested thought). And they do not mention that you have to power cycle every time (also to be tested). It would be nice if this is true and perhaps the PSGroove caqn be updated to do the same. I smell a RE on the way .....
    It's "compatible" in a way that you'd need to actually update to 3.41 I'm afraid (I'm not saying it's not possible to amend it to work with pre 3.41 FWs but I seriously doubt this group has done anything else than just direct rip off of other's people work).

And the same goes with dongle needed on every reboot - it's simply how PS3 works and no "magic" can change that as it's injecting the code in the RAM. Even if they'd manage to somehow do that (let's say by permanetly modifying the FW or managing to autostart the injected code from internal hard drive etc.) they would kill their own business this way as people will unlock their PS3 and then flogg off the device on ebay or will be simply borrowing it from each other and so on

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by tripellex View Post
    Here here, brother. Another in a long line of scammers trying to make a quick buck. And I agree, the fact that they're basically trying to sell CJPC's hard work REALLY pisses me off to no end. For once, here's one clone group I DO hope gets shut down. CJPC deserves more respect then that.
    I agree, if they are selling this with the FTP pre installed and claining it s there own. Iīm not sure about that though. they might just be saying what you can do after you used the dongle. In this case referring to CJPCīs great program. Iīm sure when they say you can play backups, they are also referring to the original BackupManager. So I wouldnīt be that quick to jump on them.

Letīs wait until itīs out before fully judging them. I think alot of sellers still have a chance of making some money but the biggest factor right now is availabilty and how fast they can get them out. Although there are DIY solutions that are cheaper, those boards are also get hard to find. The available ports are great if you have one of those devices but if you donīt, itīll still cost more to acquire one.

So although these clones are basicly a DIY solution with an extra 20 or 25 on the price, I think some people would pay that to have it NOW. The PSJailbreak guys really dropped the ball. They should have had plenty of supply the minute they anounced it. I was ready to support them for being the 1st "chip" for the ps3 but the supplier I usually buy from in Spain still has it on preorder.
    Last edited by aries2k6; 09-10-2010 at 07:00 PM Reason: typo

Banned User
    i hope those people will sit on 1000 of copies of their freaking clones at the end and nobody will buy them and they make negative amount of money -.-

i hate it when people try to get a piece of cake for producte who should be free....

So it will be possible to run these exploit with 3.15 firmware still having otheros and linux?

this would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by rlorenzo View Post
    So it will be possible to run these exploit with 3.15 firmware still having otheros and linux?

this would be great!
    well that hasn't been confirmed yet, well will see when its released, btw isnt rumors that org jailbreak is doing the same thing? would be awesome as im still on 3.15 (no hardware yet).

And we had some hint from one guy at scene how to modify fw to still have it enabled i.e kinda cfw, no word yet only he said its quite simple and he will probably reveal hes ideas later in months/weeks he said, soo we have to hang on tight or update to 3.41 to use exploit atleast for now.
    Last edited by EiKii; 09-10-2010 at 07:21 PM

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News