Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Erm - have any of you read the news actually just one below to this one?

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...patible-games/

haha the inginuity of people never changes "if we cant fix it with tape then it shouldnt be fixed" redneck motto was in effect here and i love it...

PS3Key is looking like a preferable clone as it appears the team is actualy going to support its product... unfortunately PR is a bunch of idiots that can't realize they made a mistake...

All I really want is a backup manager that can run any game from external no matter how big the files are.

Quote Originally Posted by tjay17 View Post
    All I really want is a backup manager that can run any game from external no matter how big the files are.
    Save yourself the trouble and buy an extender and a big internal HDD, and no problems. I have a feeling it will be a very long time before you see NTFS support, if you ever do.

Besides, having an internal HDD is the most compatible and efficient upgrade. External only has the advantage of carrying the HDD around between PS3s and PCs, While internal has best compatibility (supports more games and all PS3 features) as well as being much faster due to the slow transfer limitations of a HDDs using USB connections (USB is really slow).
    Last edited by SwordOfWar; 09-23-2010 at 10:53 PM

True but I just prefer an external HDD to use rather than an internal.

Arrow PS3Key Update v2 now available for download!

oVERSoLDiER submitted this to the Site News, but without the download it isn't even newsworthy (sounds like just what we already have) but from the PS3Key site update:
    PS3Key Update v2 now available for download!

We are pleased to announce the availability of PS3Key update v2. This is a USB update that can be applied to all genuine PS3Keys on any PC running Windows that has a USB port.

New features include support for peek/poke commands and the ability to run backups on USB HDD without an original game in the BluRay drive. This update also enables PS3Key to function with Backup Manager 2. The update is available in the downloads area. You will need a valid PS3Key serial number to get the update.
    If anyone grabs v2 feel free to share it and I'll +Rep ya as always.

update... New features include support for peek/poke commands and the ability to run backups on USB HDD without an original game in the BluRay drive. This update also enables PS3Key to function with Backup Manager 2.

Encrypted PS3Key update v2 available !

Hi,

so today the Team behind PS3Key released their first update (v2) for the PS3Key mod. Interesting thing is, that the update file is encrypted (TEA encryption... XBOX1 anyone? ).

It comes with their own updater software which seems to be the vulnerable spot in the whole story here.

So I uploaded the Updater package for you... maybe someone here is talented enough to force the updater into accepting PSGroove hex images.

Or even break the encryption so we can encrypt our own updates

Let's see what you got !

Regards,
    iCEQB
    Attached Files Attached Files

what are you hoping to achieve?

Flashing PSGroove onto these sticks... afaik nobody succeded in doing so and ended up in errors and "Device not connected" messages.

So when you saw someone succeded in doing so, please let me know, because this waiting is killing me xD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast