Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3Key Team Release 2.1 Update Open Hex Edition PS3 JailBreak

Sponsored Links
    Today the PS3Key Team have released their 2.1 update Open Hex Edition PS3 JailBreak to use with generic devices like the Teensy or the PIC and have sent out an email that I received.

Download: PS3Key 2.1 Update Open Hex Edition

To quote: "We've just released v2.1 of the PS3Key firmware in two different flavors...

One is the easy-to-use .upd file which you can use with any genuine PS3Key using the PS3Key Updater Application for Windows.

The other is an 'open' HEX file which is designed for use on generic devices other than PS3Key dongles.

The v2.1 firmware update includes all of the features in v2 and also fixes a few other minor bugs."

New features in v2.1:

1. A series of minor bug fixes.

New features in v2:

1. Now supports peek/poke commands.
    2. Backups on USB HDD can now run without an original game in the BluRay drive.
    3. Works with Backup Manager 2.

PS3Key Team Release 2.1 Update Open Hex Edition PS3 JailBreak

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I gotta say, at least they're embracing other JB formats other than their own, even if their open HEX file is too little, too late.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Support is nice. It is great that they are supporting it.

i just received my ps3key and its good and working but i am not able to get the ps3key to upgrade the firmware. No matter what i do i cannot get this ps3key to get both led lights turned on so i can install the new fw. I've tried running the ps3key updater app as administrator and on xp sp3 compatability mode. (i'm running windows 7).

Nothing works.. Has other people been having the same problems?

Note: From the looks on this ps3key in my hands it doesn't look like a clone.

Arrow

If you go to the PS3Key site it will tell you using their checker app if it's a legit chip or not, that's probably the best way to find out.

Lightbulb

Aren't these the devices with the tape? Could that be what's wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    Indeed they are, good point.. see here monkeyass408: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...es-113103.html

i could try to open it up. but as of right now its working in the ps3. everything is running and im able to install and run backup manager. so im not sure its the tape issue. Only one way to find out... opening it right now and will comment on results after.
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Indeed they are, good point.. see here monkeyass408: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...es-113103.html
    no luck. I opened the ps3key and found it properly covered with some insulation tape. so i'm pretty clueless as of why i cannot get it into dfu mode to install new firmware.

ps: this is 100% identical to ps3key. The only thing is that i never got the yellow sticker. They later sent me an email of the yellow sticker after i requested it. Who knows it may be a clone? if anyone has similar experiences please share it. (otherwise i'm gonna have to RMA it =(... all that wait to rma and wait further.
    Last edited by monkeyass408; 10-02-2010 at 12:45 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This I have just tested with the MAximus AVR and does not work! Thanks though

The tape is for short circuit where the PS3Key wont be recognized at all..even on the PS3. However, there have been reports where the PS3Key works out of the bag/box on the PS3 but does not go into update mode. PS3Key is aware of the problem and is looking to see what is the problem.

If it works on the PS3 but does not go into update mode, my feeling is that the bootloader is corrupted. Contact the site you purchased from and see what their exchange policy in regards to sending you a replacement.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News