Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks for the reply. I think that is exactly what happened to my ps3key. I'm gonna wait it out a couple of days to see if the ps3key team have any solutions before i send it back.

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    can somebody show me to the direction of some kind of guide to be able to make this hex work with other USB kits?

Like ex. Olimex AVR-USB-162

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyass408 View Post
    thanks for the reply. I think that is exactly what happened to my ps3key. I'm gonna wait it out a couple of days to see if the ps3key team have any solutions before i send it back.
    Dude, i got the same problem. You will never get BOTH the two leds get light up the same time..

You ONLY need to get te blue one to get light up! Then it is in update mode.

Works for me, updated it twice now. To V2 en V2.1

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyass408 View Post
    plug it in and out of the usb port 3 or 4 times in fast and both leds light up. run ps3 key updater and it says in the left bottom if it has found it. load the update and press update that's it job done (does any one have a link to the 2.1 update it won't download for me?) i had to do it on xp vista just hangs for me when trying.
    Last edited by mona222; 10-02-2010 at 06:27 AM

I just got mine in the door today and have the same problem, can't get it into update mode, got it and just dropped them a mail now about what's gonna happen.. ordred the 20th september..

even tried 2 diffrent computers and all the usb ports..
    Last edited by minatek; 10-02-2010 at 06:41 AM

hey minatek. i order mines as pre-order way back also. At least we know its an issue and apparently it seems to happen to people who receive their first 100 chip batch from china. The administrator said that ps3key knows this issue and is working on finding out why. Let me know what you find out minatek.

For those that think its just getting the blue led on or getting both led on, we cant get them to turn on. Stays on red led no matter what how many usb ports we tried. I guess we are the unlucky ones. =(

i will try it on my xp computer tomorrow to see if there are any issues with windows 7.

mona222 - not sure if you meant on your vista system, the download keeps hanging up on you or the update application.
    Last edited by monkeyass408; 10-02-2010 at 07:00 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok maybe it helps you guys... you can do it with the second time pluged in into the usb port.

Its a little bit tricky but as faster you put in the stick as quicker you come into the update mod.

Do not leave it in just put in and out, in-out, in-out then it should work.

Like many others, I got my ps3key yesterday. It worked straight out of the box but no matter how many times or how fast I plug this thing in and out, it doesn't go blue. I've even watched youtube videos showing people performing successful updates and no matter what USB port on no matter what computer, it won't work for me.

I thought for sure that I must have received a AVRkey according to many posts claiming that if your chip is ATmega32U2 inside then you have AVRKey. (I opened it up and checked) It does indeed have the ATmega32U2 chip in it. There are no labels on the outside but inside it does have the new extra tape already applied underneath (something made by "3M")

At this point, I don't know what I have. I have emailed them because I couldn't even get the firmware because it showed up without a yellow serial. (even though my order history says "PS3Key USB Version w/ Yellow serial/sticker"). Somebody was kind enough to post the official ps3key firmware update megaupload or I wouldn't have that either.

All I know is that it works, but I can't update it.

Can someone compile this for Teensy 2.0 Thanks soo much in advance..

Hey to answer your question it may not be the avrkey. This is the ps3key team response below.
    PS3KEY TEAMS reponse.

You need to use windows XP SP2 and the batch from china won't validate
    with our code on the site so they cannot update.

Regards
    PS3key Team

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News