Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hi nabnab i have acquired a ps3 which is a DEX machine but is bricked and would like to enter factory service mode, I have tried the psp ps3jig but as i had suspected that will only work for CEX machines running cex firmware, I was wondering if its possible to compile a factory service mode tool for dex machines that can be launched from a psp.

there are programs that allow this to happen but they have to be launched from the ps3's home menu so i was wondering if you could implement this into a jig for dex firmware?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi I need help please, I have a fat 3.55 (retail) ps3 and I need to remarry the bd logic board. I don't have any e3 or psp.

Can someone please explain step by step how to create a diskonkey to go into factory service mode?

I just can't understand how do I do it.

Please anyone ?

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    not sure if i am correct but, i dont think dex has a FSM which is why the jig dont work, however the E3 card reader unbricked my dex

Is the ps3jig really useless?

I was looking up some information about it after noticing that sony had their own ps3 "pandora battery" and came across this about the ps3jig:

What's the main purpose of this?

To enter Factory/Service Mode on your PS3 using your PSP. This is typically used to downgrade your PS3's firmware version to something that supports homebrew/backups, or you can use it to unbrick some PS3s from a firmware flash gone bad (NOT Waninkoko bricks -- only from unsuccessful downgrade attempts).

I was wondering if this would be possible for higherfw consoles, but I'm sure someone would've tested it by then, and that's probably why those other flashers exist.

This is also on that site: AS OF THIS WRITING, THERE IS NO WAY TO EXIT FACTORY/SERVICE MODE ON PS3 FIRMWARE VERSION 3.56, SO DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THIS ON PS3 FIRMWARE VERSION 3.56 UNTIL YOU READ OTHERWISE ELSEWHERE!

I haven't read too much news lately over the past year or so, but I don't think I came across anything mentioned being able to enter or exit service mode on ps3 firmwares higher than 3.55. But can it still be done? O_o

PS3Jig articles:

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...-for-Sony-PSP/
    http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...modifications/

Banned User
    i've tried the PSPJig on 3 different psps and none were successful, but i have heard of people having success using a psp Go.

at the moment there is no way of exiting fsm above 3.55 fw so once above 3.55 never attempt to enter FSM or your ps3 is stuck there forever.

darn. guess we need to find someone shady to break into a sony store and get one of theirs

did you make sure that the psp fw was 5.50gen d3?

My psp gets to USB driver started. then i switch on ps3 power & press on the quickly press eject. after this nothing happens for about 5 mins then the rsod shoes on tv. laser is removed from bd could this be the problem.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

cech-l04 ofw4.31

try using objective suites and downgrade to 3.55 firmware and see if you can get out of service mode.

Hi, I'm using cfw 6.60 PRO-B10 on my psp

Sponsored Links
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News