To quote from his blog (linked above): I have just released a tool to let you build under Osx Mountain Lion:
Sony binutils and toolchain gcc 4.1.1 for SDK 3.60. Don't ask about how to get SDK 3.60
ps3dev binutils, toolchain, psl1ght and ps3libraries
What does this do?
This program will automatically build and install a compiler and other tools official and homebrew used in the creation of official and homebrew software for the Sony PlayStation 3 videogame system using Osx Mountain Lion
What do I need ?
You will need a few tool installed before:
1) Your mac with Osx Mountain Lion. All was tested with mac mini late 2012
2) Enable root account. Ref support.apple.com/kb/PH11331
3) Install xquartz (x11) Ref xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/
4) Install xcode from app store.
After install it, open it and install command line tools. You must go yo Downloads section of Xcode's preferences to do it
5) Install macport distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/MacPorts-2.1.3-10.8-MountainLion.pkg
6) Update macport and enable +universal
I am using one of the best editor ever made Textmate you can get it from github.com/textmate/textmate there are prebuilt binaries
How do I use it to build Sony toolchain?
1) Get Sony SDK 3.60 full - google for it or if you are a Sony PlayStation licensee get it from scedev.net as usual
2) You will need to put some files on /usr/local/cell/work/sdk this directory is not in my repo, don't upload illegal stuff to github please.
These files are mandatory put on /usr/local/cell/work/sdk if you have other names change the script build_sony.sh or change
These files are optional put on /usr/local/cell/work/sdk
These files are not needed to build toolchain but you can use them with wine to work with your PlayStation 3 DEX
This sample is compiled natively in osx, only when elf is linked it will call ppu-lv2-prx-fixup wine wrapper.
This tool is used to fix lib stub counts and some other things (you have a source example of this part for elf files and - stub-fix-only option implemented if you like to know what is Sony doing when it is calling this tool from linker, i lose some time making it but prx use other options that i have not implemented yet so for this, wrapper is enabled)
Making fself for DEX is using a wine wrapper if you have a legal native solution for osx share sources for it