Today another PS JailBreak PS3 modchip USB clone has arrived called PS3AVR, I have ordered one and arrival date is due around the 16-17th of September so I will let you know how it performs guys 'n gals.
Downloads: http://www.tinyavr.com/downloads/ps3avrv1.exe / http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/Flip_Installer_3.4.2.exe / http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/JRE_Flip_Installer_3.4.2.exe
From their site (linked above): All PS3AVR dongles will be shipped blank so that there are no legal issues with importing and selling these items. Software will be made available to download so they can be programmed from a PC USB port with NO additional hardware.
Finished testing prototype devices on all regions of PS3 both Fat and Slim. Mass production to start and first batch should be available for shipping on the 6th of September.
We've received our first finished batch with protective rubber coating so no chance of shorting the device and damaging the PS3 USB like other designs out there. All dealers will receive their stock within the next 4 working days. Technical Specifications:
PS3AVR - Universal Plug & Play Solution for PS3
- Fully compatible with other AT90USB/ATMEGA32 boards, like Blackcat, Teensy++, AT90USBKEY
- USB Plug and Play solution that installs in seconds without any need to open up the PS3
- Does not break your warranty seal
- Compatible with all PS3 models, both Fat and Slim upto firmware v3.41
- Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA
- PS3AVR is 100% hardware and firmware compatible with the original Jailbreak firmware, that should let it run any firmware needed for next Boot Manager versions
- PS3AVR is 100% compatible with PSGroove & OpenJailBreak shellcode
- You can connect to your console HDD directly using FTP
- PS3AVR is fully updatable by PC using FLIP with no additional hardware
- Disables forced software updates and will never brick your console
- Supports games and homebrew applications by Backup Manager
- Easy-to-use software for backing up, managing, and playing games from external USB HDD
- Playing games from HDD is much more enjoyable, benefiting from greatly enhanced seek and loading times
- Supports installing homebrew application on PS3 and external USB media
- Sealed unit so no chance of damage to dongle or PS3 USB port
- All software runs on Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7
More PlayStation 3 News