Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 USB JailBreak 2.5-Inch Slim External Enclosure Reviewed

Sponsored Links
    Today I received two PS3 USB JailBreak 2.5" Slim External Enclosures from [Register or Login to view links] to review, one with a 500GB HDD & one without.

When the DHL truck arrived today i was excited, the samples were finally here! The packaging wasn't the best but it was acceptable.

The enclosures were in a thin plastic box that was then wrapped in bubble wrap with about 2 miles of tape wrapped around to hold the bubble wrap. Wasn't pretty but it worked!

I must say this is a very nice product, in a nutshell it is a PS3 USB Jailbreak Adapter (AT64S) with a 500GB Seagate HDD (upgradable) inside an slim external enclosure. It will jailbreak your ps3 & store your games all on the same device. The best feature in my opinion is that it comes preloaded with 40+ PS3 Games! Games like GOWIII, Dante's Inferno, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Soul Caliber IV, NBA Jam, NBA2k11, Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, Mirrors Edge. The list goes on & on!

The Web site printed on the enclosure doesn't feature this new product on their site yet, but it does have the essential information and [Register or Login to view links] needed to flash the built in PS3USBJailbreak.

Surprisingly, the enclosure came pre-flashed with HermesV4b 3.50 Spoofing payload. The flashing software was included on the HDD, along with some backup managers like Open Backup Manger & Gaia. The package did not include any kind of instructions about the setup & usage of this device, but all the information a person needs about flashing, installing PKGs, backing up games, etc is on PS3USBJailbreak.com

This product can be used as a Jailbreak Device W/O the HDD attached so the HDD can be considered optional I guess. When the device is initially plugged into a PC it will be recognized as HDD. To program the device with a new hex, you will need to press & hold a very small button while plugging in the usb cable. It is then in a programmable state & can be flashed with ANY hex no matter if AMTEL or PIC based. It's a bit of a hassle but after the first 2-3 times it gets easier.

This task is much easier when it is outside of the case and the button can be pressed more easily. The procedure for jailbreaking a PS3 with this device is no different than any other JB device. Turn off PS3 power switch, plug in device, flip the switch ON, Hit power, then eject. You know the drill!

That about wraps it up i believe. I would like to thank you PS3 News for the opportunity to review this sample product. I hope that in the future I can be called upon to write reviews for new sample products.

If anyone has any questions about the product, please reply in the thread and I will do my best to answer them.

Overall I'll give this device a 7 out of 10!

Pros:
    • Fast shipping (DHL)
    • USB 2.0 transfer rate up to 480Mbps
    • USB 1.1 Compatible
    • Completely Plug and Play
    • Durable Aluminum Case
    • PS3 USB Jailbreak Built In (AT64S)
    • 64k Flash
    • Preloaded with 40+ PS3 Games
    • Preloaded with Ps3USBJailBreak Programming Tool V1.2.9
    • Preloaded with GaiaMANAGER 1.03.1.pkg, OpenBM 1.17.2.pkg, & others.
    • Flash ANY Hex Code (AMTEL based or PIC based)
    • Pre-flashed HermesV4b w/ 3.50 spoofing
    • Can be used for Downgrading (Files not Included)
    • Can be used solely as a Jailbreak device or External HDD
    • Compact in size

Cons:
    • HDD not secured to enclosure, shakes around when moved
    • Small button to push when putting device in programmable state
    • Short USB Cable
    • No instructions included in package
    • Games listed inside GAMEZ folder were Chinese (manually renamed)
    • Uses 2 usb ports
    • Cannot be used with a USB Hub on PS3 or PC

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

100_0084.JPG   100_0088.JPG   100_0090.JPG  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the review IndyColtsFan84, I will move it to the main page and our PS3 Reviews archive now and +Rep!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hmmm. guess it still has a use with no software way to play backups. But I kinda feel sorry for the ppl who developed it

Bahaha kinda pointless now. Give it a couple of days and back up support would be on Cfw hopefully. The 500gig Hdd be handy.

Wow very interesting, I didn't even know they were making this - How did you know?

This was my first sample review. Anyone have any suggestions i can apply to the next one? If of course i have another opportunity to write another review.

One of the very few to be pre-flashed, it seems... but kinda dumb that it can't be used with a hub and takes TWO usb ports, thats all i have on my PS3! kind of a late comer though, with being so close to CFW... already have a 3.55 CFW PoC now.

SK, Boss is how i found out. then a few days later i saw an advertisement.

I tried 3 different hubs. 2 port, 3 port and 4. No go on PC or PS3.
    Last edited by IndyColtsFan84; 01-06-2011 at 04:07 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have some question about preloaded game on HDD, It can run preloaded games when you plug external HDD, as you know normally external HDD we must format external HDD as FAT32 and it have limitation as file must be greater than 4 GB per file.

Every game i have tried has loaded just fine, haven't gotten around to testing all preloaded games yet. But the 10-12 games i tested loaded just fine. I didn't have to do any formatting. Plug & Play all the way.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News