Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    by customising the loaded firmware?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    The way the FW update works (independently if from USB or via Internet) is that it always first download or copy the update.pub file to internal hard drive, REBOOT the PS3 and only after that it will perform the update if the PUB file is valid and higher version than current in the flash. SO - there is no way with current tool to trick PS3 in downgrading this way as the JB and the "secondary" flash wouldn't be active after the reboot anymore.
    Ok, so we would need a decrypted fw pub, but since PS3 only decrypts it before writing it to the nand AFTER resetting, we have no active jailbreak. Tricky!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    The way the FW update works (independently if from USB or via Internet) is that it always first download or copy the update.pub file to internal hard drive, REBOOT the PS3 and only after that it will perform the update if the PUB file is valid and higher version than current in the flash. SO - there is no way with current tool to trick PS3 in downgrading this way as the JB and the "secondary" flash wouldn't be active after the reboot anymore.
    Haha! It's a bit trickier. How the update works is as follows:

Once there is a new firmware downloaded it unpacks it and does the very same trick the Custom Firmware Loadrer does (that's why it is possible at all BTW): it starts it! Then it stats in "upgrade mode" which is flashing the firmware to the main flash.

What we need to do is: do the Custom Firmware tsick but in the "upgrade mode". Then the mail flash would be flashed with the firmware that we provide (either 3.15, custom or 3.50 but the later might not be wise anyway.

I don't get it. Why is this useful? Does it mean I can boot the ps3 without the usb thing anymore?

You can boot a CFW for your ps3 with it. Now understand?

How is that useful now? Sure its great on the psp where cfw exists but now this seems like a waste of time unless you plan on coding some cfw yourself.

It very useful because instead of messing around with your flash in PS3 you can do just "soft mods" to it's copy in USB dive avoiding thus pemamently damaging your PS3 - useful for testing and playing around with zero danger to your PS3

I have been messing with the SPRX and SELF files and i lauched the "swreset.self" i was curious on what this was and when i launched it my PS3 froze so i restarted (i always try to sign in dont ask why).

i signed in it asked me to update and i hit OK just because i wanted to see what this swreset.self file has done and it said "The latest software version is already installed" so i tried to sign in again and it told me i need to update again, AND AGAIN.

i hit OK it says the same thing "Latest version is installed" anyways does anyone here no which plugin checks your sw version?

Can i go online with my original discs with the cfw? I'm still on 3.41, but i wanna play some Street fighter online.

at this time it is imposible to go online without 3.50 (haven't checked the update bypass method from 3.42 but it dosen't matter jailbreak dosen't work on it) it may be possible one day but with CFW it is more likely that you will see hacked ps3s playing on blackcell networks with other hacked ps3s probably not online with the rest of the sony zombie boxes out there...

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News