Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Plaese help! I copy dev_flash folder from my ps3 in the root of my external HDD, then run JC Firm Loader, my ps3 has been rebooted and now can't load in XMB. Just says Please connect your controller via USB and press PS button.

And then: "The firmware has not loaded correctly please reinstall frimware" (or something like that).

What should I do?? =(

I tried to disconnect my USB HDD, but it not helps. =(

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    lol you're way off. keep brainstorming though
    Which part wouldnt work, loading a lower firmware or after loading it writing another one to the internal nand?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm not 100% sure how the jailbreak works. What I've heard is that the PS3 goes into some sort of Developer mode? I guess from here the JB code is either adding these new folders we see in the XMB under game, or else they are ENABLED? Which one is it? Do they already exist in the Software itself?

I guess what I'm getting at, is how hard do we think it would be to make a CFW out of 3.41 where the Firmware boots up into this Jailbroken Dev Mode without the need of a device?

More along the lines of how you would use it once, and then install the CFW and that would be the end of it.

I know from a technical standpoint the PSP and PS3 are completely different, but they have very similar interfaces, and we seem to have the same approach. A Pandora's battery could put the PSP into a sort of Developer Mode, which enabled us to Dump the files we needed and install a CFW.

I would think the ultimate goal would be to get to this point.

Jailbreak PS3 -> Run CFW Installer -> Install CFW 3.41

Then from this point we would be able to update with the CFW Installer, and upgrade to 3.42, 3.50, 3.X and so on.

Does anyone have any idea if any work is going on regarding any of this?

couldnt a debug consol dump the 3.50 dev_flash??

Exclamation

Everyone needs to stop asking if people can dump their debug unit flash. Each flash dump is encrypted and CANNOT BE USED ON OTHER UNITS.

If people learned how the search function worked I would not have to make it any clearer ;]

ok, it seems that this version with my new Hex (psgroove_teensy1.0 AT90USB162), works fine. after start up my application a new folder appeared "dev_flashO"(this should be internal ps3 flash) and "dev_flash" from the usb.

Quote Originally Posted by Senaxx View Post
    I'm currently copying my flash to a usb stick with the Comgenie Filemanager... let's see if that works...
    Worked fine btw, but i had to make sure i use a good brand usb stick. I had a low cost one, and that one didn't boot (copying took long, so i take its a slow stick) and now i have a 4g sandisck cruzer and working fine (formatted as fat32) with pic18f2455 with latest PSGrooPic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaddayadda View Post
    Which part wouldnt work, loading a lower firmware or after loading it writing another one to the internal nand?
    The way the FW update works (independently if from USB or via Internet) is that it always first download or copy the update.pub file to internal hard drive, REBOOT the PS3 and only after that it will perform the update if the PUB file is valid and higher version than current in the flash. SO - there is no way with current tool to trick PS3 in downgrading this way as the JB and the "secondary" flash wouldn't be active after the reboot anymore.

it might if you redirect it. if we can redirect drives and devflash we can keep going

time will tell.

NOPE - you simply CAN'T - not by using only JB without CFW or changes ty flash.

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News