Sponsored Links

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    @sk group
    look here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-he...es-112979.html

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    at the moment I'm working a little with the custom firmware loader and have my ps1 and ps2 memory card in it again. ok for those with psgroove 1.1 Work and would like to see the PS1 / 2 Memory Card, you need the following entry in the Insert category_game_tool2.xml

After
    Code:
    <Query
    class="type:x-xmb/folder-pixmap"
    key="seg_sdpsp"
    attr="seg_sdpsp"
    src="sel://localhost/minis?category_game.xml#seg_sdpsp"
    />
    now put:
    Code:
    <!-- PS1/PS2 MemCard -->
    <Query
    key="seg_mcutility"
    src="xmb://localhost/%flash/xmb/category_game.xml#seg_mcutility"
    />
    Another Deteil category_game.xml found in the
    Code:
    MMS_MEDIA_TYPE_SYSTEM & sort = + Storage Media: StorageMedia.type & cond = Ae + Storage Media: StorageMedia.stat.mediaStatus% xCB_MEDIA_INSERTED + AGL + Storage Media: StorageMedia.type%% xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS3_BD xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS1_CD + AGL + Storage Media: StorageMedia.mediaFormat%% xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS3GAME_BD xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS1GAME_CD
    there is more or less a query what the media terms PS1 and PS3 will be so recognized. But PS2 is not recognized and not represented there. Maybe this has now irgenteiner an idea what is about for the PS2 there must I hope this time my English is better

at the moment I'm working a little with the costum firmware loader

and have my ps1 and ps2 memory card in it again

ok for those with psgroove 1.1 Work and would like to see the PS1 / 2 Memory Card,

you need the following entry in the Insert category_game_tool2.xml
    Code:
    <Query
    key="seg_mcutility"
    src="xmb://localhost/%flash/xmb/category_game.xml#seg_mcutility"
    />
    Another Detail i found in the category_game.xml
    Code:
    MMS_MEDIA_TYPE_SYSTEM & sort = + Storage Media: StorageMedia.type & 
    cond = Ae + Storage Media: StorageMedia.stat.mediaStatus%
    xCB_MEDIA_INSERTED + AGL + Storage Media: StorageMedia.type%% 
    xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS3_BD xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS1_CD + AGL + Storage 
    Media: StorageMedia.mediaFormat%% xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS3GAME_BD 
    xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS1GAME_CD
    there is more or less a query what the media terms PS1 and PS3 will be so recognized. But PS2 is not recognized and not represented there. Maybe this has now irgenteiner an idea what is about for the PS2 there must.
    Last edited by xynuerz; 09-21-2010 at 05:26 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I changed this part of the code in the category_game_tool2.xml
    Code:
    Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb6" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb6&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" 
    Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb7" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb7&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package"
    to
    Code:
    Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb6" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_flash&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" 
    Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb7" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_hdd0&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package"
    So now i am able to load pkg's from the hdd. And i can put pkg' on the same usb stick that has the FW on it. I havent tried, but i might work adding som new "Query's", insted of replacing the usb6 and the usb7. And i can put pkg' on the usb stick that has the FW on it.

Question: Can PSGroove be modifyed to load the dev_flash from usb? So we dont need to start usb firm loader every time?

Sponsored Links

PS1/PS2 Compatibility

Sponsored Links
    this file brings back PS1/PS2 compatibility on 60GB and 20GB fat PS3 in debug mode. it hasn't been tested on slim yet. i guess it won't bring backwards compatibility to slim, but it's worth a try.

ps: i don't have a slim so i can't test... works on 60GB fat so far
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is a small manual which must be changed so that PS1 games are playable using Psgroove.

you have to change one some line in the category_game_tool2.xml

These three parts I have edited so it is possible PS1 games to play. because my 80GB PS3 not PS2-supported, for the PS2 have the support it should work.

Code:
    <Query
    key="seg_device"
    attr="seg_device"
    src="xcb://localhost/query?table=MMS_MEDIA_TYPE_SYSTEM&sort=+StorageMedia:StorageMedia.type&cond=Ae+StorageMedia:StorageMedia.stat.mediaStatus %xCB_MEDIA_INSERTED+AGL+StorageMedia:StorageMedia.type %xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS3_BD %xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS1_CD %xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS2_DVD %xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS3_DVD+AGL+StorageMedia:StorageMedia.mediaFormat %xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS3GAME_BD %xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS1GAME_CD %xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS2GAME_DVD %xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS3GAME_DVD"
                />
    <Query
    key="seg_device2"
    src="xcb://localhost/query?table=MMS_MEDIA_TYPE_SYSTEM&sort=+StorageMedia:StorageMedia.type&cond=Ae+StorageMedia:StorageMedia.stat.mediaStatus %xCB_MEDIA_INSERTED+AGL+StorageMedia:StorageMedia.type %xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS3_BD %xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS1_CD %xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS2_DVD %xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS3_DVD+AGL+StorageMedia:StorageMedia.mediaFormat %xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS3GAME_BD %xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS1GAME_CD %xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS2GAME_DVD %xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS3GAME_DVD+Ae+StorageMedia:StorageMedia.hybrid HYBRID&opt=option_hybrid"
                />
    <Query
    key="seg_add_content_device"
    attr="seg_add_content_device"
    src="xcb://localhost/query?table=MMS_MEDIA_TYPE_SYSTEM&sort=+StorageMedia:StorageMedia.type&cond=Ae+StorageMedia:StorageMedia.stat.mediaStatus %xCB_MEDIA_INSERTED+AGL+StorageMedia:StorageMedia.type %xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS3_BD %xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS1_CD %xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS2_DVD %xCB_MEDIA_TYPE_PS3_DVD+AGL+StorageMedia:StorageMedia.mediaFormat %xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS3CONTENT_BD %xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS1CONTENT_CD %xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS2CONTENT_DVD %xCB_MEDIA_FORMAT_PS3CONTENT_DVD+Ae+StorageMedia:Common.fileName EX_GAME"
                    />
    It can also, optionally, the entries should be added for PS2_CD.

There'm still looking at the possibilities on which it places to change settings so that also run PS1 backups, and the functional support for the PS2 I have not I discovered assume that it is located in a file SPRX.

Perhaps one of the following SPRX files it could be.
    dev_flash/vsh/module/
    bdp_disccheck_plugin
    game_ext_plugin
    game_indicator_plugin
    gamedata_plugin
    gamelib_plugin

For those of you still cant get it to work. Had the same blackscreen issue as many users here.

Made a 1:1 dump of the data through awesome filebrowser and also one through winscp. Both didnt work with my psgroove 1.1 (at90usbkey, source compiled on my own).

And here comes the solution: I flashed Hermes version of the psgroove to my at90 and voila: The previously made dump boots flawlessly!

So it seems like some functions, payloads or anything i cant even imagine seems to lack in this version (compiled the source of psgroove 1.1 from github).

By the way, is there an tut on how to setup the linux environment on an windows machine to compile this new sort of grooves which seem to need software that is just available for linux? As it seems to be needed for further releases of the psgroove or his mods would be great if anybody can make a tut for the not so experienced linux users

Does anyone know what the swreset.sprx plugin is? I'm trying to find the plugin that "resets" the PS3 before flashing the new firmware.. If this is the case perhaps we can rename it to just swreset1.sprx and then the PS3 will flash the Fw without restarting? Ive renamed alot of files without anything bad happening ive even renamed the poweroff_plugin but after you load the FW off the USB the system wont respond.. Anybody also know the plugin that forces updates, or which plugin its with?

Arrow

Continue discussion in the v0.3 thread here guys: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ab-113097.html

Sponsored Links

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News