Sponsored Links

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    we can change the hd's id and the bt's id lol

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by whinis View Post
    because before the ps3 updates it restarts in some way disabling the hack. so when you try and update it would install to the regular firmware instead of the usb. What we need is a way to have a perm hack so that even when the ps3 restarts the usb firmware still lives.
    If you want to hack the update process, all that has to be done is a LV2 dump during the firmware update section... THAT's the hard part though...

THEN, we create a custom PSGroove that replaces what we need. If the PS3 is turned off during an update (NOT THE ACTUAL UPDATING THOUGH!), it stays in the update mode... at least that is how it was back in the FW1.32 days.
    Last edited by hacked2123; 09-20-2010 at 03:52 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    dev_flash_008.tar.aa.2010_09_01_202236 i found this files in an extractet 3.42 firmware i dont can it extrac we need it extracted too get more infos from the 3.42 firmware :-) (usfirmwareloader) ?

I'm just curious if you've tried hot-swapping the other HDD back in after the PS3 is booted up?

I wonder what happens if you boot the USB Custom Firmware Loader without any USB drives attached, and then do the swap when the error message comes up? Maybe you can load 3.41 back on to your drive at this point by doing the START+SELECT feature. And maybe 3.42 still exists in some other temp folder after it's all done?

A lot of maybe, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by meistermacher1 View Post
    dev_flash_008.tar.aa.2010_09_01_202236 i found this files in an extractet 3.42 firmware i dont can it extrac we need it extracted too get more infos from the 3.42 firmware :-) (usfirmwareloader) ?
    I wonder if someone with a debug ps3 can do anymore with this? I'd imagine anyone with the know-how would be working on something anyway.

For everyone having trouble loading this, this method seems to be working for me 100% of the time:

1) 512MB FAT16 USB stick with contents of dev_flash copied to the root using WinSCP
    2) Power up PS3 with PS Groove v1.1 jailbreak and remove it after finished booting
    3) Highlight JaicraB USB Firmware Loader in XMB, but don't press X yet
    4) Insert USB stick with dev_flash contents
    5) Quickly press X to load JaicraB USB Firmware Loader

Using this method it seems to work every time for me. If it makes any difference, I have my PS controller plugged into port 1 (charging) and did the Jailbreak/USB stick using port 2. I'm pretty sure the key part is correctly putting the contents of dev_flash in the root of the USB stick (as opposed to creating a dev_flash folder in the root) and the timing of inserting the USB stick and launching the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    I'm just curious if you've tried hot-swapping the other HDD back in after the PS3 is booted up?
    That's actually really ingenious.

Anyone with 2 PS3's, one 3.41 with JB, and one at 3.42OFW, but into JB mode, launch the FTP software. Start FTP service. Take out 3.41's hard drive, and replace with 3.42's hard-drive. Connect to PS3 on PC now. Attempt to access DEV_FLASH0. If this works... upload to a proper DEV for them to clean it for you. There may not be any cleaning to be done, but its better to be safe then $ony.

take out the hd? im sure the ps3 would just crash. i can try it - i have enough ps3s.

If you take out the PS3's HDD while it's running it freezes, but when you reconnect it then it starts going again. That's on my 60GB anyway. I'm not sure how much time you have or about PS3s with the smaller flash memory.

if it starts going again then would it start going with the ftp running?

Sponsored Links
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News