Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    i just don't know why nobody has copied debug firmware into a retail ps3 :S

they can do it - why aren't they </3
    I believe the digital signatures are different on retails vs the debugs.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You are an interesting character Patient you must become

There are many people out there trying all sorts of things and retrying and not posting about every effort and breakthrough they make. Sit back and let things happen

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i just want it to be like the psp - awesome super fun times!

Lightbulb

Someone with XML coding experiens should realy look into the xmb xml files. I made a copy of the category_game.xml, and renamed it to category_photo.xml, and replaced the original. So now the games and the other stuff show up under "Music". The "Memory Card Utility (PS/PS2) folder did also appear! I can't see it under "Game" when i am using the JB....

In the category_sysconf.xml there are two hidden options that is not shown in the XMB. "edy" (edyviewer) and "console_qa" (tool_debug_settings)

Is it possible to add a code thats starts "console_qa", insted of "update", when the you start "System Update"?

Well luckluca said that he was able to access the psn store with this fw loader. Does anybody know how he is pulling this off?

Luckyluka if you need my dev_flash then let me know please and i'll send it to you or if you would just let us know exactly what you did then i would really appreciate. I would really just like to access the store to get a few things on my jailbroken ps3. It would really be nice just to have all my stuff on one console you know. Thanks.

I put a copy of 3.42 and when I loaded this it asked me to press select and start to look for new firmware. It couldn't find anything but this never went back to XMP I had to Force Shutdown. I don't understand how it works or what it loads?

why can't we make it install the 3.42 on the "virtual" firmware.

surely we can modify the 3.41 copy to redirect everything to the external/usb (again) so when it updates it updates it doesn't go back to the real one

What we need is someone to get the METLDR stuff working, "From metldr you can load up every other "ldr"'s (take a look at Hypervisor RE!) Using those loaders you can decrypt EVERYTHING from self's to pkg's".

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    why can't we make it install the 3.42 on the "virtual" firmware.

surely we can modify the 3.41 copy to redirect everything to the external/usb (again) so when it updates it updates it doesn't go back to the real one
    because before the ps3 updates it restarts in some way disabling the hack. so when you try and update it would install to the regular firmware instead of the usb. What we need is a way to have a perm hack so that even when the ps3 restarts the usb firmware still lives.

Couldn't we change our console ID when emulating from USB? That way console ban = not a problem, for now at least?

Sponsored Links

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News