Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Legit users don't need to worry unless the code to generate a legit console ID is cracked. Look at the size of the console ID -- it's 25 digits long. That means there are 10 septillion possibilities. Even for a computer, it would take a very long time to brute force through every possible ID, or even just randomly stumble upon a valid one.

On top of that, you'd have to verify each ID against PSN. It wouldn't take Sony long to implement a strategy to counter that, assuming they don't already have such a strategy in place.

For example, if I was to write such a system (no Sony, I'm not asking for a job), I'd put a delay of 5 seconds before the system would respond to a login request. For a regular user, 5 seconds is hardly noticeable, however for someone brute forcing all possible IDs we're talking about 1,500,000,000,000,000,000 years. Even with every computer in the world working on that, it's going to take forever.

As secure as that probably is, I'd still take it a step further. Let's double the delay after each request. Let's say the first request gets a delay of 5 seconds. The second is doubled, making it 10 seconds. Then 20, 40, 80, 160, etc. At this rate, it takes over 5 minutes to check a measly 6 IDs. Nearly an hour and a half for 10 IDs.

And for the record, if the console IDs are truly random, then any given number is just as unlikely to be legit as the next. That means searching through all possible numbers in a random order does not make it any faster than just going 1 up each time.

I hope that helps put things in perspective for people.

And if you're looking to steal someone else's ID, please don't. Not only is it morally wrong, but you're now crossing a line and possibly facing serious consequences depending on your country's laws. At best, you screw over someone who paid an honest buck for his console.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by barrybarryk View Post
    well you could but we still don't know how they're detecting the homebrew and cfw so you'd just get banned again.
    does this work on 3.56 with a clean hard drive(no cfw, homebrew, backups, etc)? the reason im asking is because I am banned from black ops, and I just want to get back online on that. I think it would work , but I need someone to confirm it first.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by barrybarryk View Post
    well you could but we still don't know how they're detecting the homebrew and cfw so you'd just get banned again.
    yeah but /currently/ there isn't a limit on the amount of PS3's you can buy.

so when is the 3.56 cfw coming??

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticleric View Post
    Wasn't the point of being able to sign software to avoid all of this in the first place? Why can't we have stealth homebrew and CFW?
    All homebrew apps/CFW are poorly signed with the same stupid key. Read this: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post354746

Black Ops Hack

After you sign into the PSN you can change your username and password, then load black ops and you can play on your hacked 15th prestige account with gold guns and everything. i made a video on youtube.

you just change your email and password with Charles after you signed into the PSN then boot black ops

Last edited by technodon; 02-18-2011 at 08:00 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Amazon cloud

Its not nice. If you got banned.. Accept it and you deserve it. Its your punishment. Do not cheat to get unbanned. You have no right. Its not cool, man. Jeez!

i'm not going to buy a new console just for black ops. that's the whole point of why I was asking. but nice try anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bearmon2010 View Post
    Its not nice. If you got banned.. Accept it and you deserve it. Its your punishment. Do not cheat to get unbanned. You have no right. Its not cool, man. Jeez!
    i'm not going to waste my life prestiging 15 times.
    Last edited by avojps24; 02-18-2011 at 08:31 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

In my opinion, you deserve to be banned. You pretty much took all the fun out of the game... But whatever floats your boat

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News