Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by barrybarryk View Post
    "You can only change it to a valid console id cannot be random or just leave it blank." should read "You can only change it to a valid console id, cannot be random or just left blank"
    I have updated the first post now to reflect this correction.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    no its still a safe system, i'd be 80% sure those console ID's gain access through a whitelist and the keys are random (well as random as it gets no relationship from one key to the next). which means as long as you don't give out your key you're safe and PSN is safe. there's no brute forcing it or generating them if they're random.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So you can unban yourself by letting another PS3 get banned? I would do that with those 'typical sony fanboys anti hombrew kids are not allowed modding consoles by there parents people'

what is it exactly their machines look for when making a ban for cfw/circumvention devices running on the ps3? why not ban me for using a 3rd party peripheral? + i read to hide homebrew emus or games to change the names of the folders where they are installed?? will that hold any weight?

yeah but you'd have to get their console id, which you can only get by either running homebrew or sniffing the packets on their local network (after setting their PS3 to send its traffic to you). Mind you I'd imagine half the guys doing repairs on PS3's have probably already started collecting keys.

They'll not ban you for 3rd party peripheral, its just in there because they removed aload of them a few updates ago, think it was 3.50 people just tend to over react when they read the terms have changed.
    Last edited by barrybarryk; 02-18-2011 at 07:48 PM

Is this something an end-user can do?

I don't use PSN anyway so anybody want my console ID? Not!

Couldn't we just buy a PS3, hijack the console ID and return the console to get our money back and a fresh console ID?

well you could but we still don't know how they're detecting the homebrew and cfw so you'd just get banned again.

If you could get the ID of a dev model ps3 it would probably let you get away with whatever you wanted. I'll call some friends at game companies and see what I can dig up.

Wasn't the point of being able to sign software to avoid all of this in the first place? Why can't we have stealth homebrew and CFW?

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News