Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
    Nice update. However I wonder if there's gonna be any progress for the user any time soon?!

Don't get me wrong I really appreciate your work but I wonder if all those updates are leading in something bigger ...?
    I wouldn't count on it, mainly as everything done thus far on the PS3 TOOL is only useful for those like CJ who actually own a TOOL.

Sure there is the learning aspect for Devs and a lot of it is definitely cool stuff, but it won't magically make a PS3 Retail hole suddenly appear which is what most end-users are seeking to run homebrew and back-ups.

I suppose until one does surface, all we can do is read the TOOL updates and hope CJ also makes some progress converting his recently acquired PS3 Service Mode console to a Debug one (which also won't help many, considering there is currently no way without JIG hardware to get a Retail PS3 into Service Mode).

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I wouldn't count on it, mainly as everything done thus far on the PS3 TOOL is only useful for those like CJ who actually own a TOOL.

Sure there is the learning aspect for Devs and a lot of it is definitely cool stuff, but it won't magically make a PS3 Retail hole suddenly appear which is what most end-users are seeking to run homebrew and back-ups.

I suppose until one does surface, all we can do is read the TOOL updates and hope CJ also makes some progress converting his recently acquired PS3 Service Mode console to a Debug one (which also won't help many, considering there is currently no way without JIG hardware to get a Retail PS3 into Service Mode).
    Alas, quite true - however, every step we make helps us learn how the system works. In all honesty, its a tiny bit easier to do this on a debug unit, since we can actually run some code!

Is this component also responsible for launching test-code from a PC over the network? I remember (only vaguely now) using software on the PC to connect to my DECR-1000A. My memory is kinda swiss cheese though - I don't even remember the name of the program that would launch the games XD

Quote Originally Posted by tilla View Post
    Is this component also responsible for launching test-code from a PC over the network? I remember (only vaguely now) using software on the PC to connect to my DECR-1000A. My memory is kinda swiss cheese though - I don't even remember the name of the program that would launch the games XD
    Yep, it is the hardware responsible for the PC->PS3 communication. Depending on the SDK version, either bedbg, or SNSYS Target Manger would do the trick to get things running, aside from using the XMB, of course.

Nice info on this CJPC and nice details about this tool.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Yep, it is the hardware responsible for the PC->PS3 communication. Depending on the SDK version, either bedbg, or SNSYS Target Manger would do the trick to get things running, aside from using the XMB, of course.
    Target Manager sounds familiar. Much quicker (when things went right, anyway. This is EA we're talking about ) than burning disks for entire teams several times a day

I wonder what happened to Geohot... I guess he didn't expect the PS3 was such a bloody pain.

Did he drop it already? Wouldn't suprise me though...

Thumbs Up Great

Nice CJPC, keep up your good work and looking forward to see the tool xmb.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12