Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 testkit has no debug setting menu

Sponsored Links
    Hi there,

I just bought ps3 testkit from someone, can somebody help me because I can't find any menu like debug setting or install other OS.. this is strange and I just reformatted it and my OS is 2.5..is this really test kit or I just got cheat?

ps3 test is written in hardcase, can somebody help?

thanks guys

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well - few fold, what is the model number listed on the back (both, on the white sticker, and the sticker underneath)

More so, depending on your FW version, debug settings may be in the System Settings menu, at the very bottom (marked with a star)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hi bro,

thanks for your reply, here is the model number listed in white sticker serial number : DECHA00A

the sticker underneath :

debugging station ( for playstation3 )
    fcc id : AK8CBEH1000
    IC:409B-CBEH1000

I am looking at it at system setting..but I cant find it for debug setting

thanks

I removed your serial # from the post, only need the DECHA00A, looks like the stickers are ok. Two more easy checks, the first, if you know how. Connect the PS3 via an ethernet cable to your network, get its ip, and check if port 1000 is open.

Or, easier - try to install a newer debug firmware. If it does not work, can you paste the error code here?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    I removed your serial # from the post, only need the DECHA00A, looks like the stickers are ok. Two more easy checks, the first, if you know how. Connect the PS3 via an ethernet cable to your network, get its ip, and check if port 1000 is open.

Or, easier - try to install a newer debug firmware. If it does not work, can you paste the error code here?
    Thank you, I will try to install newer firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post

Thanks!

Hi again

I was wondering because I have some question in my mind regarding my ps3 testkit issue :

1. do you think that ps3 testkit can be installed with firmware of regular ps3 because I was thinking that it could be installed with regular firmware, it does not look like firmware of ps3 testkit.

2. if I have version 3. 4 of regular firmware , how do I change to testkit firmware? because now I have 3.15 firmware for testkit in my hard drive

thank you for your help
    Last edited by arikandri; 09-14-2010 at 01:56 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can I ask you how do you debug your console have? As far as is known with, there are no leaked 3.4 firmware in circulation. One could then part of a debug firmware on a retail console install, but they had no debug function.

So you now have a console with you that has no debug messages menu, and your PS3 is provided from the outside with the word TEST and your serial number at the end is fitted with DECHA00A?

The Downgrade is very simple. I Downgrade at this moment my Debug console from 3.20 to 3.15.. without Problems.

Download a 3.15 Debug Firmware and put it on a stick in folder PS3/UPDATE/UPDAT.PUP try to downgrade, if comes a Error like 800c9c... or what ever, then it seems that someone has a retail board in a test case has built and has sold as a debug console. I hope not!

Hi there,

thank you for your answer and I am following your direction and when I try to downgrade seems that it did not recognize the data. fyi, usb port is not function properly.. for example if I plug my usb stick only show clock but the data didnt show up so I use SD card.

I got firmware download, but the error message says "there is no applicable data to upgrade"

I am suspicious this machine is retail but cover with test case because I can play dvd movie in here and I got system 3.40 after formated

any suggestion for this?

thanks

Well buddy i think you have been ripped bcz it's a retail inside testkit case.
    Last edited by Pcsx2006; 09-15-2010 at 08:45 AM

I make a summary:

1) You have a housing TEST + S / N with DACH00A
    => This is ok

2) You have Firmware 3.40 on it
    => so far there is no 3.40 leaked FW. It is he had full access to all the latest updates.

3) You do not have a debug menu
    => This is not ok, to which should at least be in it, whether you start in release mode or software system mode, both is the Debug menu available

4) You can not make Downgrade
    => usually shows the PS3 the PUP an update is available, it can choose and he then describes.

5) You can watch DVDs with the PS3
    => With the debug console, you can not view DVDs / BDs. I just tested and the PS3 is not showing at all times inserted a CD / DVD / BD.

Sorry my friend, but the seller has sold you a retail in the test case. If you can I would try to get the money back. I hope you paid via PayPal, so you can demand your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by cvp View Post
    Sorry my friend, but the seller has sold you a retail in the test case. If you can I would try to get the money back. I hope you paid via PayPal, so you can demand your money back.
    wow that's just a horrible thing to do.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News