Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Results 1 to 8 of 8



  1. #1
    Registered User snazzychazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17
    Sponsored Links

    Question PS3 Test unit - can you acess the PSN Store?

    Sponsored Links
    Hi there,

    I have a PS3 Test Unit with firmware version 2.20. I can access the internet wirelessly, etc through my linksys router, etc...

    So when I go to the Playtation Network Tab, I see Title Store Preview, and Adjust Account Settings. When I click Title Store Preview, I get this error code....

    8002ae01

    An error occurs. Can I not access the Playstation Store with my test unit? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Toucan Sam CJPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,174
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No, you can not access the retail PSN store.

    The title store preview is used in conjunction with SCEDEVNET access, it allows a developer to put in settings on the PS3, as well on the "development PSN" (for lack of a better term), to test the downloading and online abilities of their code.

  3. #3
    Contributor ffflavour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    12
    Sponsored Links

    Ps3 Test

    Sponsored Links
    is there anyway to log online with a PS3 test unit??

    I am stuck and can connect to the web and not to the PS Network.

    Firmware is updated to 2.43 debug version and still no PS network.

    What can i Do??

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    414
    ^^^

    There is 2.52 firmware for your console in the download section.

    Once installed you should be able to play online.

  5. #5
    Registered User Kushami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5
    That's interesting that you can't access the PSN Store on a debug. Has anyone ever figured out why Sony did this approach on debugs?

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushami View Post
    That's interesting that you can't access the PSN Store on a debug. Has anyone ever figured out why Sony did this approach on debugs?
    Well you can "sort of" access the retail psn on a title to title basis by entering the service id of each title one at a time in your debug settings.

  7. #7
    Registered User Kushami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by idone View Post
    Well you can "sort of" access the retail psn on a title to title basis by entering the service id of each title one at a time in your debug settings.
    Interesting. What shows up on screen, just the items pertaining to the title in the normal PSN Store format? Or is it really barebones?

  8. #8
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushami View Post
    Interesting. What shows up on screen, just the items pertaining to the title in the normal PSN Store format? Or is it really barebones?
    It's like a empty store with only the title you have entered in service id showing..

    So yea, you could say it's pretty "barebones"

 

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News