Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Test refuses retail / backup PS2 + PSX

Sponsored Links
    hi,

i`m fairly new to ps3 and debug so if this is ps3 general knowledge i`m sorry...

i recently bought a ps3 test and now i was trying to play some psx and ps2 games... but rather retails nor backups seem to run -> after putting the disc into the ps3 nothing happens ... the backups were patched with the master disc patcher... i`ve got debug fw 3.20 and i tried:

psx pal retail / psx pal backup / psx pal demo disc / ps2 pal retail / ps2 usa backup / ps2 pal demo disc /

none worked -> nothing happend....

are there some settings i may have overlooked? maybe in the debug section?

thanks in advance for your help...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How are you extracting them?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    what do you mean with extracting? i patches the iso file -> burned it to dvd-r
    and put it into the ps3 -> nothing happened...

Quote Originally Posted by romiso View Post
    hi,
    i recently bought a ps3 test and now i was trying to play some psx and ps2 games... but rather retails nor backups seem to run -> after putting the disc into the ps3 nothing happens ... the backups were patched with the master disc patcher... i`ve got debug fw 3.20 and i tried:
    What model PS3 TEST are you using?

Furthermore, to run backup PS1/PS2 games on a TEST, the disks need to be patched or remastered as Master Disks.

3 thoughts come to mind on this one.

1. The BD-drive isn't the original drive that goes with the system (any disc that you insert will not be recognized I believe when that happens.)
    2. The settings on the XMB have it so that the disc does not autoplay.
    3. This system is a special test unit for testing Blu-Ray Movies. Games won't play at all but BD movies will.

Lightbulb

it could be the laser lens. Since the 60gb debug/test uses the single eye laser lens KES-400AAA, it could happen to read just blu-ray discs but not cd/dvd. It happens to my 80gb CECHE01 too. I would try a ps3 blu-ray game or movies to see if it plays or not.

hi guys,

thanks for all the answers... the unit is a DECHA00A 60GB... the isos were patched as master, so this shouldnt be the problem...

the unit plays ps3 retails like a charm... i don`t have a bluray movie here for testing, but i`m driving to a gameshop today so if i find a cheap one i`ll test it...

how can i find out if the drive was replaced?

hey romiso,

1. what version of test unit you have? is it a good old 60gb model with card-reader?
    2. is the bd-drive set to drive and not to be-emulator in the xmb under debug-settings?

so 2 things can be:

1. your drive is broken
    2. your drive is set to bd-emu

cause you should see a disc logo in any way! either a data-disc logo or a game-disc logo! i don't have to patch my ps1/2 backups for my test unit, my backups run just off dvd without patching

good luck

hi luix,

yes the one with the card readers... the drive is set to drive ... so no mistake here... really seems to be the drive ... i`ll test the bluray movie option later that day and hope its that

a friend also told me about the Ps2 Emulator System add-on.. do i need this or is this just for retail ps3?

seems to be really a bad drive, but you can change it easily, just order a new one, its mentioned above, cause its a 60gb unit you need a KEM-400AA replacement laser lens. if you have probs to change it, contact me, its very easy

the best test is, to use a orginial ps1 games, cause ps1 games run on every system!

when you got a blu-ray movie test unit you are out of luck, cause this units only can handla movies!

what logos are on top of the console?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News