Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    like i said i tried burned as well as retails...

do you know a good place where to buy a drive + replacement laser? haven`t found any used blurays so i have to go to the videostore this weekend....

it works great with ps3 retails perfect so lets see what the bluray movie test brings out...

there are the bluray + dvd + cd logos and a view others on top...

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i think its easier if you make a picture of it and post it here. se we can see exactly what is all available

greeting
    Warrorar

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    alright... here is a picture of what it says on top.

hope that helps...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

imgp1326.jpg  

It is a Retail Console.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    It is a Retail Console.
    It looks like a retail console to me since debug/test does not have blu-ray logo on the case. Well, if the debug menu works, it's definitely a debug unit. You said it plays retail ps3 games fine, then the board and blu-ray drive are a matching set. All you need is to replace the blu-ray drive laser len.

model number is KES-400AAA. Ebay is a good place for that. good luck

another possibility is someone put a DECHA00A back panel on a DECHJ00A 40gb debug/test unit. Hence, it won't play ps1/ps2 games.
    Last edited by itwong; 06-24-2010 at 02:46 PM

ok now i`m pretty confused... the enclosure says playstation 3 test... on the (back where the outputs are) is a sticker with serial saying DECHA00A at the end.. at the bottom is another sticker saying playstation debugging station.... i`m running debugging fw 3.20 and it plays retail ps3 games it also says that Im able to downgrade to FW 1.00.

also can access the SAK (don`t know if this info is important) - but for now it only plays ps3 retails... i`ve tried every other media CD-R + DVD-R nothing happens, nothing shows up -> if the unit is retail it would at least play dvd retail movies ?! but it doesn't...

i`ve access to the debugging settings and i can start the ps3 in debug mode.. but i get an error when i try to access _PS3app (think thats its name) folder in games section...

so how can i check if i got a retail unit in a debug case? i`m buying a bluray movie this weekend and will see what happens...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by romiso View Post
    so how can i check if i got a retail unit in a debug case? i`m buying a bluray movie this weekend and will see what happens...
    If it plays Blu-ray moves then ya, it's not a Debug. Another way to check if you have a Debug PS3 in a Retail PS3 case is to try running the PS3 Debug PKG Test File on it... if it runs and displays "PS3News.com!" then it's a Debug, if returns an "80029567" error as it is activating prior to downloading then it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    If it plays Blu-ray moves then ya, it's not a Debug. Another way to check if you have a Debug PS3 in a Retail PS3 case is to try running the PS3 Debug PKG Test File on it... if it runs and displays "PS3News.com!" then it's a Debug, if returns an "80029567" error as it is activating prior to downloading then it's not.
    ok that worked just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by romiso View Post
    ok now i`m pretty confused... the enclosure says playstation 3 test... on the (back where the outputs are) is a sticker with serial saying DECHA00A at the end.. at the bottom is another sticker saying playstation debugging station.... i`m running debugging fw 3.20 and it plays retail ps3 games it also says that Im able to downgrade to FW 1.00.
    Yeah, your system is a debug - can't always go by the cases, first runs, or last runs of Debug units for a model will at times have different cases, markings, they may even just use a retail case (as in, does not say TEST etc)

However, as others have said - it may indeed be your laser. Of course, burn the disks at the lowest speed possible on a good media - and give a listen to the unit, see if you hear it "struggling" at all or not. If so - a new laser may be in your future.

Big Grin

In my case, when CD/DVD inserted, the drive does not even recognize there is a disc present. Hence, no spining disc logo on screen. but when blu-ray games or movies inserted, it works just fine. Definitely a problem with your laser. Well, the good side is you indeed have a working debug/test unit. Just get the laser replaced and you should be good to go.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News