Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Test Debug - PSN Access - How To?

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

I have recently received some tech support advising me that it is possible for a test unit to connect to PSN to play online multiplayer games alongside regular PS3 users.

I have followed some instructions, as below:

In settings menu > Debug Settings

I changed the "np enviroment" from "sp-int" into "np"

Restarted system

Then created a new system user

Then went into Sign up for PSN account

Filled in info

When it tried to connect to PSN it timed out

Can anybody assist me and direct me further as to what I may have done wrong and how I can make this happen... I have been shown evidence that it is possible and hopefully someone here can help me further

cheers!!

P.S.

either way console is still for sale and can be found advertised in the trade,swap,sell thread.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This seems stupid, but make sure you have the proper ports for PSN open/forwarded on your router (or, for the sake of ease, just put your PS3 in the DMZ), and try it again, as the environment change was correct!

Of course, re-run the network test when you are done with the above anywho, to make sure it can communicate.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    This seems stupid, but make sure you have the proper ports for PSN open/forwarded on your router (or, for the sake of ease, just put your PS3 in the DMZ), and try it again, as the environment change was correct!

Of course, re-run the network test when you are done with the above anywho, to make sure it can communicate.
    Just wondering, what is DMZ???

I have managed to connect to the PSN network & now it all seems to be working... so far so good!!

Thanks to all who have helped along the way!

When you DMZ a system, you basically put it direct contact with the internet, so every port on the system is exposed to the internet.

But - good to hear you got it running!

Even though the unit is connecting and allowing me to play online games...

every so often it automatically disconnects from the PSN and a message appears "server connection timed out"

any idea why this could be happening?

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    When you DMZ a system, you basically put it direct contact with the internet, so every port on the system is exposed to the internet.

But - good to hear you got it running!
    I actually haven't manually made any specific allowances in my router//network for the PS3 ... nor come in contact with DMZ settings.

Could this be why I am getting re-occuring time outs/disconnections???

Would you be able to give me a simple "how to/where to" if i need to make some more adjustments??

many thanks in advance

Got the unit hard wired and seems to be working ))

I have found some old posts refrencing this issue in the forums.

cheers!!

Thanks for helping
    Last edited by ffflavour; 08-15-2009 at 01:19 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ahh , it was wireless - that would explain the timeouts. Good to hear its up and running!

thanks for the tips! i can play online now

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News