Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19



  1. #1
    Senior Member shummyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    739
    Sponsored Links

    PS3 Test BD-Emulator

    Sponsored Links
    Can someone please help me with the use of the bd emulator on a 60 gig test please... Perhaps provide instructions or some help in getting it to work correctly

    thank you
    shummyr

  2. #2
    Toucan Sam CJPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,174
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, generally - first insert a USB HDD into your PS3 in USB port 0 (usually the right-most port), then go into the Debug settings and select the option to format the BD Emu HDD.

    Then you can use your PC running Sony's BD Generator tool to remaster the game disk, then export it to the USB HDD, then plug it in and play!

  3. #3
    Registered User randalf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    66
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi,

    And do not forget to go into the debug settings and configure the unit to disk access from the bd_emulator :

    Blu-ray Disc Access
    -BD-Emulator (USB)
    -BD Drive

    On the next boot the disk access from the bd_emulator.

  4. #4
    Senior Member itwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    93
    Sponsored Links

    Wink

    Sponsored Links
    I think it's still impossible to remaster a retail game disc to play on BDEMU without debug packages, a.k.a, decrpyted EBOOT.BIN. Correct me if i am wrong

  5. #5
    Registered User randalf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    66
    Hi,

    yes, but if you study the image and errors generated you can generate the image even with errors, so the image creation process when errors are detected does not stop, but not work, just to test.

    Two options:

    - Set "TEST-xxxxx" (where xxxxx is a 5-digit integer) to the Title ID
    - Set "0000" to the Disc Version

  6. #6
    Senior Member shummyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    739
    how do you dump the retail eboot's on a 60gb ps3 test so that they are decrypted and can be shared and used?

  7. #7
    Senior Member itwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    93

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by randalf View Post
    Hi,

    yes, but if you study the image and errors generated you can generate the image even with errors, so the image creation process when errors are detected does not stop, but not work, just to test.

    Two options:

    - Set "TEST-xxxxx" (where xxxxx is a 5-digit integer) to the Title ID
    - Set "0000" to the Disc Version
    I believe there is a leaked SCE document on how to use bd image generator. The errors might be documented in that secret file.

    Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    how do you dump the retail eboot's on a 60gb ps3 test so that they are decrypted and can be shared and used?
    I believe it's been discussed before. Prior to firmware 2.2x, a simple memory dump will give you decrypted EBOOT.bin, but as CJPC mentioned before, this trick does not work on newer firmware. Now the only way to get decrypted EBOOT.bin is to obtain debug .pkg for the game you want to play. There might be a way to decrypted retail-signed EBOOT.bin eventually when the PS3 is hacked. But as of now, it's impossible to do that.
    Last edited by itwong; 07-27-2010 at 10:15 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #8
    Senior Member shummyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    739

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by itwong View Post
    I believe it's been discussed before. Prior to firmware 2.2x, a simple memory dump will give you decrypted EBOOT.bin, but as CJPC mentioned before, this trick does not work on newer firmware. Now the only way to get decrypted EBOOT.bin is to obtain debug .pkg for the game you want to play. There might be a way to decrypted retail-signed EBOOT.bin eventually when the PS3 is hacked. But as of now, it's impossible to do that.
    I thought the 1.5 Downgrader Pup offered the ability to do so to any game....

    I was mostly interested in this, and how it is done... http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...a-Memory-Dump/
    Last edited by shummyr; 07-27-2010 at 10:33 PM

  9. #9
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,459

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by itwong View Post
    I believe there is a leaked SCE document on how to use bd image generator.
    Not sure if this is the one you mean, but it may be the "Disc Boot Game Patch Programming Guide" posted with the tinyurl.com link here:

    http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post279650

  10. #10
    Registered User randalf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by itwong View Post
    I believe there is a leaked SCE document on how to use bd image generator. The errors might be documented in that secret file.
    yes, also communicates the program itself if you try to build with errors.


    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Not sure if this is the one you mean, but it may be the "Disc Boot Game Patch Programming Guide" posted with the tinyurl.com link here:

    http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post279650
    I'm not sure, but think it is the user guide that accompanies the program: Generator_Tools-Users_Guide_e.pdf
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images


 

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News