Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Test BD-Emulator

Sponsored Links
    Can someone please help me with the use of the bd emulator on a 60 gig test please... Perhaps provide instructions or some help in getting it to work correctly

thank you
    shummyr

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, generally - first insert a USB HDD into your PS3 in USB port 0 (usually the right-most port), then go into the Debug settings and select the option to format the BD Emu HDD.

Then you can use your PC running Sony's BD Generator tool to remaster the game disk, then export it to the USB HDD, then plug it in and play!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi,

And do not forget to go into the debug settings and configure the unit to disk access from the bd_emulator :

Blu-ray Disc Access
    -BD-Emulator (USB)
    -BD Drive

On the next boot the disk access from the bd_emulator.

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    I think it's still impossible to remaster a retail game disc to play on BDEMU without debug packages, a.k.a, decrpyted EBOOT.BIN. Correct me if i am wrong

Hi,

yes, but if you study the image and errors generated you can generate the image even with errors, so the image creation process when errors are detected does not stop, but not work, just to test.

Two options:

- Set "TEST-xxxxx" (where xxxxx is a 5-digit integer) to the Title ID
    - Set "0000" to the Disc Version

how do you dump the retail eboot's on a 60gb ps3 test so that they are decrypted and can be shared and used?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by randalf View Post
    Hi,

yes, but if you study the image and errors generated you can generate the image even with errors, so the image creation process when errors are detected does not stop, but not work, just to test.

Two options:

- Set "TEST-xxxxx" (where xxxxx is a 5-digit integer) to the Title ID
    - Set "0000" to the Disc Version
    I believe there is a leaked SCE document on how to use bd image generator. The errors might be documented in that secret file.

Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    how do you dump the retail eboot's on a 60gb ps3 test so that they are decrypted and can be shared and used?
    I believe it's been discussed before. Prior to firmware 2.2x, a simple memory dump will give you decrypted EBOOT.bin, but as CJPC mentioned before, this trick does not work on newer firmware. Now the only way to get decrypted EBOOT.bin is to obtain debug .pkg for the game you want to play. There might be a way to decrypted retail-signed EBOOT.bin eventually when the PS3 is hacked. But as of now, it's impossible to do that.
    Last edited by itwong; 07-27-2010 at 10:15 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Question

Quote Originally Posted by itwong View Post
    I believe it's been discussed before. Prior to firmware 2.2x, a simple memory dump will give you decrypted EBOOT.bin, but as CJPC mentioned before, this trick does not work on newer firmware. Now the only way to get decrypted EBOOT.bin is to obtain debug .pkg for the game you want to play. There might be a way to decrypted retail-signed EBOOT.bin eventually when the PS3 is hacked. But as of now, it's impossible to do that.
    I thought the 1.5 Downgrader Pup offered the ability to do so to any game....

I was mostly interested in this, and how it is done... http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...a-Memory-Dump/
    Last edited by shummyr; 07-27-2010 at 10:33 PM

Lightbulb

I believe there is a leaked SCE document on how to use bd image generator.
    Not sure if this is the one you mean, but it may be the "Disc Boot Game Patch Programming Guide" posted with the tinyurl.com link here:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post279650

I believe there is a leaked SCE document on how to use bd image generator. The errors might be documented in that secret file.
    yes, also communicates the program itself if you try to build with errors.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Not sure if this is the one you mean, but it may be the "Disc Boot Game Patch Programming Guide" posted with the tinyurl.com link here:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post279650
    I'm not sure, but think it is the user guide that accompanies the program: Generator_Tools-Users_Guide_e.pdf
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News