Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 SPU Emulation Pre-Alpha Module, Allows x86 PCs to Emulate SPU

Sponsored Links
    TeaM_AC1D in the wild, from one of our newest and highly skilled members KDSBest we have something nice for the scene - a PS3 SPU emulation pre-alpha module that allows x86 PCs to emulate the SPU.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

Hi Community,

I wanted to contribute to the scene , so I coded a tool that might help the community our members and fellow devís. This Tool is intended for devís so please be careful if you donít know what you do. I will not be held responsible for any harm.

My tool is a emulator for PS3 modules (e.g metldr), it is in pre alpha stage but I thought, it would be great to get some community feedback.

How to use:

Not all SPU Commands are implemented yet, but it is easily extendable and I will make it support DMA, all SPU Commands and SPU Mailbox soon.

First open a .kds file. Check out the metldr.kds to see an example. The rest is like a normal debugger. If you put dumps of your reversed functions in the KnownFunctions folder, it will detect it and mark that function for you.

Just for example Mark the whole cellSpuAesDecryptCbcCfb128 function in HexView in IDA -> Right Click -> Save to File. Name the File "cellSpuAesDecryptCbcCfb128" without extension and copy it to the KnownFunctions Directory of the Emulator. Now all similar functions get automatic detected!

"Step" Executes next command, "Run" runs till breakpoint (Breakpoints are not implemented yet). Debug SPU Code in Windows.

Any questions? Just get back to me at twitter

Stay tuned

KDSBest
    twitter.com/#!/KDSBest

PS: Thx for MK and cfwprophet (Team Acid) and of course to fail0verflow for anergistic, which helps a lot with it and even uses some functions of them.

PS3 SPU Emulation Pre-Alpha Module, Allows x86 PCs to Emulate SPU

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cheers for the release cfwprophet, I have mainpaged it now and +Rep for the news!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I was actually wondering when this would begin. Hurray for the first baby step!

Only 2 years to go until PCSX 3 0.01

Banned User
    SPU emulator? Cool

This beast is insane. Will take more work and time than pcsx2 does to get pcsx3. Since 2002, it's been more than 10 years to get pcsx2 run as it is today. Still not that perfect. For pcsx3? 20-30 years maybe... crazy!

Even if it works someday .. we will need a hell machine , great development !

Good job everybody

Can I emulate Gran Turismo 5 on PC (x64) ?

SenteX does anyone really need to answer that for you, i don't think this is intended to be an actual ps3 emulator, just an "spu" emulator as stated.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast