Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just an "SPU" emulator ??

Well for better understanding... all the isolated modules of the ps3 ARE just SPU ELF's

What does this mean ? You can emulate the PS3's module's like metldr, isoldr, aim_spu_module, fdm_spu_module, aacsmodule.spu, cprmodule.spu, and so on.

Additional it can decrypt the header of the elf and show the commands and system calls used without the need to first reverse them.

Hope that make some things clear.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    could you please explain in layman terms what's this emulator for: it is for PC to emulate PS3 code (I rather doubt) or is for PS3 to emulate PC code?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Andrew it says in the title, it is for SPUs to be emulated on PCs. So yes, PS3 code on PCs so to say.
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 05-08-2012 at 07:05 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry mate did not come out right, what i meant was this was i don't think it was intended as a whole system emulator where it would be possible to play games.

Naaaa np i knowed what you meant it was more a joke and a informing post for others who don't know

Exactly it emulates PS3 code running in the SPU sub Core of the CellBE of PS3 ON PC x86 ak 32bit systems. But also working on 64bit systems.
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 05-08-2012 at 07:28 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It is not for game emulation and it will never emulate the ppc. If you want that go to code.google.com/p/rpcs3/ , their work is not done and nearly nothing work, but they are the guys that write an emu for games and so on. This is just for reversing, so you don't have only a static analysis.

Arrow PS3 SPU Emulation Alpha 2 Module, Allows x86 PCs to Emulate SPU

Following up on the initial release, today KDSBest has updated their PS3 / PC SPU emulation project to Alpha 2 which allows your x86 machine to emulate the PlayStation 3 SPU.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: SPU Emulation Alpha2 has been released: mBox implemented and MFC prepared, bugfixes, breakpoints implemented and all commands for metldr as far as KDSBest knows.

Hi Community,

I wanted to contribute to the scene, so I coded a tool that might help the community our members and fellow devís. This Tool is intended for devís so please be careful if you donít know what you do. I will not be held responsible for any harm.

My tool is a emulator for PS3 modules (e.g metldr), it is in pre alpha stage but I thought, it would be great to get some community feedback.

How to use:

Not all SPU Commands are implemented yet, but it is easily extendable and I will make it support DMA, all SPU Commands and SPU Mailbox soon.

First open a .kds file. Check out the metldr.kds to see an example. The rest is like a normal debugger. If you put dumps of your reversed functions in the KnownFunctions folder, it will detect it and mark that function for you.

Just for example Mark the whole cellSpuAesDecryptCbcCfb128 function in HexView in IDA -> Right Click -> Save to File
    Name the File "cellSpuAesDecryptCbcCfb128" without extension and copy it to the KnownFunctions Directory of the Emulator. Now all similar functions get automatic detected!

"Step" Executes next command, "Run" runs till breakpoint (Breakpoints are not implemented yet).
    Debug SPU Code in Windows.

Any questions?

Just get back to me at twitter

Stay tuned

KDSBest
    twitter.com/#!/KDSBest

PS: Thx for MK and cfwprophet (Team acid) and of course to fail0verflow for anergistic, which helps a lot with it and even uses some functions of them.

PS3 SPU Emulation Alpha 2 Module, Allows x86 PCs to Emulate SPU

More PlayStation 3 News...

PS3 SPU Emulation Beta Module, Allows x86 PCs to Emulate SPU

Shortly following the Alpha 2 Module release, today KDSBest has updated their PS3 / PC SPU emulation project which allows your x86 machine to emulate the PlayStation 3 SPU to Beta status.

To quote: Let's call it beta (SPU emulation). Tested with my own elf a lot commands if they work properly. Disabled buttons depending on state.

And last but not least, if you press run a new thread is spawned. Now you are able to press pause and it stops the run ofc. The performance get a super boost with the threading.

Project Update: alpha2 - pre alpha so it is not in pre alpha stage anymore. It detects code modifications on the fly too. The new feature list is not complete that's my fault I guess.

Thanks for the news update. I need some infos from some reversers to create the next stunning feature:

Crypto dumping... dumps all crypto calls... Let's call it function parameter dumping cause it will work for everything and will implement a callback on known functions which will make dumping at certain calls possible.

I try to implement this and GET/PUT DMA commands this weekend. I think I can't finish it this weekend, but this will be the beta stage. V0.9 should then just implement the rest of the commands that anergistic implements.

After that it is unknown what I do and so on. Since then my reversing starts to get more focus.

Update: From mr_wicked: I was trying to run an SPU module in anergistic with no success. In IBM systemsim (in combination with libspe2) my code ran just fine..

Finding a broken instruction in anergistic is like finding a needle in a haystack. So I ended up throwing IBM systemsim in IDA and exported all SPU instructions to .asm. After writing a small emulator around these instructions I was able to find two nasty errors. One in "andhi" and one in the "cgx" instruction. Here are the corrected Anergistic instructions:
    Code:
    00010101,ri10,andhi,half,signed
    {
        int i;
        for (i = 0; i < 8; ++i)
            rth[i] = rah[i] & i10;
    }

01101000010,rr,cgx
    {
        int i;
        for (i = 0; i < 4; ++i)
        {
            u64 r = (u64)(rtw[i] & 1) + (u64) raw[i] + (u64) rbw[i];
            rtw[i] = (r >> 32) & 1;
        }
    }
    My application also needed rotqbybi and rotqbi so I implemented those as well:
    Code:
    00111001100,rr,rotqbybi
    {
        u32 shift_count = (rbw[0] & 0x7f) >> 3;
        rtw[0] = raw[0];
        rtw[1] = raw[1];
        rtw[2] = raw[2];
        rtw[3] = raw[3];
        while (shift_count--)
        {
            rtw[0] = (rtw[0] << 8) | (rtw[1] >> 24);
            rtw[1] = (rtw[1] << 8) | (rtw[2] >> 24);
            rtw[2] = (rtw[2] << 8) | (rtw[3] >> 24);
            rtw[3] = (rtw[3] << 8) | (rtw[0] >> 24);
        }
    }

00111011000,rr,rotqbi
    {
        u32 shift_count = (rbw[0] & 0x7f) & 7;
        rtw[0] = raw[0];
        rtw[1] = raw[1];
        rtw[2] = raw[2];
        rtw[3] = raw[3];
        while (shift_count--)
        {
            u32 t = (rtw[1] >> 31) | 2 * rtw[0];
            rtw[1] = (rtw[2] >> 31) | 2 * rtw[1];
            rtw[2] = (rtw[3] >> 31) | 2 * rtw[2];
            rtw[3] = (rtw[0] >> 31) | 2 * rtw[3];
            rtw[0] = t;
        }
    }
    Although trivial to fix it was really nasty to find these. I couldn't find a repository with active development, so I'm posting it here.

PS3 SPU Emulation Beta Module, Allows x86 PCs to Emulate SPU

Quote Originally Posted by KDSBest View Post
    It is not for game emulation and it will never emulate the ppc. If you want that go to code.google.com/p/rpcs3/ , their work is not done and nearly nothing work, but they are the guys that write an emu for games and so on. This is just for reversing, so you don't have only a static analysis.
    nah, x86/x64 computer wont be able to reach ppc's power. it's MIPS vs FLOPS

If you compare a Corei7 high end processor can do 70gflops with all cores being used while PS3 had 25Gflops multiply it to 6 SPU's so if you know how to multiply, there's no where it can be emulated right now. Unless someone is brave enough to use a videocard as the alternative processor since GPU's processing capability is much more powerful than x86/x64 processor does.

PS3 SPU Emulation Beta 2 Module, Allows x86 PCs to Emulate SPU

Following up on his previous release, today PlayStation 3 developer KDSBest has updated the PS3 SPU Emulation Module to Beta 2, which allows x86 PCs to emulate the SPU for those wondering.

To quote: Long time no see guys. I release SPU Emu Beta 2.

Since I am sick at current time and constant headache I just release what I already got. There are features to dump the LS parts, Register and so on.

Check out the source or metldr.kds for more infos. The kds script don't use all featues which are implemented but the most common one.

PS3 SPU Emulation Beta 2 Module, Allows x86 PCs to Emulate SPU

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast