Following in the footsteps of PS3 homebrew applications including OpenPS3FTPSplit
, PS3 Split File
today PlayStation 3 developer Dermy
has released a cross-platform PS3 File Splitter and Joiner dubbed MiniSplit with details below.
Download: MiniSplit v1.0.zip
SHA-256 (File Integrity) v1.0: 519ce3479fb6b08db743c601712888a015f4cb94a760c13350 8a3baf54d1474d
To quote: Overview
MiniSplit is a tool for splitting large PS3 game files (> 4294967295 bytes) into .666## files so you can transfer them to a FAT32 formatted device (e.g. an external hard drive). It can also join .666## files back into their original file. It runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Java Runtime Environment 7 is required for MiniSplit to run. Usage
1. Run MiniSplit by double clicking on the MiniSplit jar file.
2. Select Split or Join and check/uncheck each checkbox depending on your preferences.
3. Press Search For Files to pick a folder to check recursively for large files if you want to split or .666## files if you want to join.
4. If you checked the Change checkbox, choose a destination folder for your split/joined files.
5. Wait for MiniSplit to finish splitting/joining files. Features
- Split large files into 4294967295 byte pieces (the max file size for FAT32).
- Join .666## files back into their original file.
- Delete source files after splitting or joining files.
- Rename game folders by adding an _ to the game folder once large files have been split or removing an _ from the game folder if split files have been joined.
- Change the destination directory. Useful if you want to keep the split/joined files separate from the source files or if you want to speed up the splitting/joining process by reading the source files from one storage device and writing the resulting files to another storage device.
- Recreate the folder structure of the source folder inside your chosen destination folder. Only applies when you've checked the Change checkbox. Lets you easily see where the newly split/joined files are supposed to go in the original game folder.
- Display per file and total progress with progress bars.
- Split/Join files from multiple game folders at one time.
Note: Do not join .666## files while they are on a FAT32 formatted device. Changelog
More PlayStation 3 News