Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS3 Slim is Now Available in Custom Colors by ColorWare

This is the first PlayStation 3 Slim case mod I've seen... for $149 you can customize the look of your current PS3 Slim, or get a new PlayStation 3 Slim already customized starting at $449 from ColorWare.

Using their http://www.colorwarepc.com/p-187-ps3-slim.aspx interface it allows you to change the color of the PS3 Slim's top, bottom, logo and controllers to see what it will look like in different color combinations. Cool stuff!

To quote: "They have pulled out all the stops to not only colorize the console but the controller as well. You can customize the color of the PS3 logo, the top of the console, or the bottom.

Basically you can turn your PS3 Slim into a technicolor dreamcoat if you wanted. ColorWare would have it no other way. Once colorized, everything is high-gloss and scratch resistant. It's better than a paint job on your car!"

PS3 Slim is Now Available in Custom Colors by ColorWare

More PlayStation 3 News...

Big Grin

Once colorized, everything is high-gloss and scratch resistant. It's better than a paint job on your car!
    LOL! It should be! for that price!

Exclamation Warranty

Warranty void? For a plastic case mod? No.

AHAHA.. yea.. I bet Sony Pays them to do that.. lol.. Void the Warranty

I may be wrong but why does that PS3 Slim system appear to have 4 USB ports on the front of it similar to the older PS3 models? I thought it was only supposed to have two ports on the front.

I think those are vents...USB is on the left. At least on the FAT PS3

Uhmm.. I own a Slim and those are the vents

Arghh... How ugly can these mods get... Anyway, I'm not very fond of mods, the ps3 is usually better in black. The only mod I liked, to this day, was Jeff's silver phat ps3 mod. That one was nice.

Considering the textured plastic of the new "slim" the old vinyl dye method should work great, though not as many colors as ColorWare offers. Vinyl dying plastic is pretty much fool proof and offers great results. After my warranty is up I will dye mine

I still think 149$ to just color a PS3 slim is a bit too much. But i like how they also can modify the control's color. I think i would have it Black and Red Logo, Bottom and control.

People who love their things to be colored the way they want it might be great! Just need the money for it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast