Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Slim Customized Mod Dipped in 24kt Gold Coming Soon

Sponsored Links
    Update: For those curious, only five are being made with a price tag of $4,999 each. A jeweled limited edition model with a lifetime warranty will be available in the coming weeks.

Those who thought the ColorWare PS3 Slim case modifications were snazzy may want to give this a peek... a PS3 Slim customized mod dipped in 24kt gold!

According to ChipChick.com (linked above), there will be only five of these limited edition consoles available from [Register or Login to view links]... but chances are, nobody will be able to afford one anyway so don't fret too much. :p

To quote: "Computer-Choppers has given us a little sneak peak at their latest creation - a PS3 Slim dipped in 24kt gold. This console is one of 5 limited edition units being produced.

If you thought the Colorware version of the PS3 Slim knocked your socks off then this will blow your mind. If you want to have your very own PS3 Slim chunk of gold at home you'll have to email Computer-Choppers to inquire."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    HOLY CRAP! Mind Blowing piece of mod-in..

How much do u guys think is the price?

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Considering there is only going to be five of them available, if they receive enough e-mail enquiries for offers and see a demand for them as high-end holiday gifts I'm guessing at least a few grand each.

Would for sure be nice to have one of these units, but the cost is to rich for my blood.

Lol Gold plating does not cost much, if the case of the console was custom made in pure gold then it would cost heaps.

Gold plating doesn't cost much. but I think they are releasing only 5 of these so they will be looking for a big return.

btw the pic looks sick.

I'll go ask Santa Claus, if he's going to get me one.

gold ps3? really?

well i can think of an easier way.. a soft paintbrush and (no not paint) gold leaf paper, this stuff, if done right will give more or less the same effect and you can get it at walmart cheap. just a thought.

I personally would like to see a transparent ps3 case with colored leds inside, by pressing a switch you can adjust the color combination, for a custom color glow. that would be sweet!
    Last edited by alexcamrod; 11-11-2009 at 08:34 PM

If the rumble motors in the DUALSHOCK 3's vibrate too violently (i.e. grinding against a wall in GT5 Prologue), could they "shake" some of the gold plating off?
    Last edited by PS3 News; 11-11-2009 at 09:20 PM Reason: Removed Spam

gold eh?

Now is it gonna be just gold plating like what they did with those pokemon cards at bk way back when.. or actual gold cause if its actual gold its gonna be heavy as hell.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News