Finally, those seeking help with PS3 homebrew development can reply below as this thread is being made in our PS3 Dev section... however, be aware that ALL non-development replies will be deleted so if you are seeking information or links on the PS3 SDK leak please post HERE instead.
It would be better if someone can write the entire steps to make a .pkg and run it
Here are the steps:
1. Compile elf
2. Convert to self (run make_fself_npdrm.exe filename.elf filename.self)
3. Rename self EBOOT.BIN and place in APPNAME/USRDIR
3. Add the necessary PARAM.SFO ICON0.PNG in APPNAME folder
4. Edit the PARAM.SFO with the title id you wish to use.
5. Use the package GUI for easy PKG creation
- - Place the APPNAME folder in the content directory
- - Change the text NPXS00000 in content ID to the title ID you used in the sfo
- - Add the title id in the required field
- - Click Make PKG
Hi everyone - just got a quick question, hope it's ok for it to be here.
I can see that everyone will want to acquire a copy, even if they have no idea on how to use it.... such as myself. So my question is - can we have a section (or a basic tutorial) that is dedicated to newbies wanting to learn how to code.
I wouldn't know where to start. Making the pkg is easy enough, but how do you actually code the app. Do you need to learn C++, Visual Basic and some other weird DOS based code. Is there a great site or 'white paper' that has info?
I've always been intrigued in how people like CJPC code their apps. That's of course if people are willing to learn and stuff and not just say to their friends 'Hey I have the PS3 SDK' as bragging rights. Thanks.