Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGamer24 View Post
    Here are the steps:

1. Compile elf
    2. Convert to self (run make_fself_npdrm.exe filename.elf filename.self)
    3. Rename self EBOOT.BIN and place in APPNAME/USRDIR
    3. Add the necessary PARAM.SFO ICON0.PNG in APPNAME folder
    4. Edit the PARAM.SFO with the title id you wish to use.
    5. Use the package GUI for easy PKG creation
    - - Place the APPNAME folder in the content directory
    - - Change the text NPXS00000 in content ID to the title ID you used in the sfo
    - - Add the title id in the required field
    - - Click Make PKG

You could also do that and skip a step
    Thank you very much, let's start our work...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Field View Post
    Hi everyone - just got a quick question, hope it's ok for it to be here.

I can see that everyone will want to acquire a copy, even if they have no idea on how to use it.... such as myself. So my question is - can we have a section (or a basic tutorial) that is dedicated to newbies wanting to learn how to code.

I wouldn't know where to start. Making the pkg is easy enough, but how do you actually code the app. Do you need to learn C++, Visual Basic and some other weird DOS based code. Is there a great site or 'white paper' that has info?

I've always been intrigued in how people like CJPC code their apps. That's of course if people are willing to learn and stuff and not just say to their friends 'Hey I have the PS3 SDK' as bragging rights. Thanks.
    Read the documentation. There are sample projects on how to start coding.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    5. Use the package GUI for easy PKG creation
    - - Place the APPNAME folder in the content directory
    - - Change the text NPXS00000 in content ID to the title ID you used in the sfo
    - - Add the title id in the required field
    - - Click Make PKG
    Hi, I m at the final stage to make my first homebrew. I just can't make the final PKG !

I m using package GUI and I have set everything right. But when I click on make PKG, nothing happen and i can't find any pkg file !

Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can this SDK be used to create a firmware or a CFW that will enable new consoles (such as with the move bundle or newer) to use psgroove/psjailbreak? Maybe something containing 3.41 but named 3.429??

Quote Originally Posted by steliosaa View Post
    Can this SDK be used to create a firmware or a CFW that will enable new consoles (such as with the move bundle or newer) to use psgroove/psjailbreak? Maybe something containing 3.41 but named 3.429??
    How much of a pain would it be to develop on a retail unit ... being jailbroken of course...

Right I tried doing the first sample, the commands seem to work fine with no error but the self doesn't appear in the sample directory.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tageskarte View Post
    Right I tried doing the first sample, the commands seem to work fine with no error but the self doesn't appear in the sample directory.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
    The self should appear on the same folder you typed "Make". Anyway, check the log when you "Make" the file.

It should be something like this on the last line:

/c/usr/local/cell/host-win32/bin/make_fself.exe name.elf name.self
    That's when the program make the actual files, so if you have this line, you might have the .self executable.

PS: I can be wrong

Ok, you just added an image. Why don't you try the "testapp" under /samples/fw/testapp or the debug launcher app under /samples/util/debug/launcher

Give those a try, It should work.
    Last edited by febag92; 09-15-2010 at 06:36 PM

Thanks for the news. The tutorials really helped me to compile samples from the sdk with success. But I can't make a pkg. I always get the error "EBOOT.BIN" is not an NPDRM SELF when I m running make_package_npdrm (or the gui) Any help ?

Thanks
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Last edited by bawzz; 09-16-2010 at 03:31 AM

You shouldn't need to use the full path to the file, if you setup the SDK correctly and added the directories to your PATH you can use it from within any folder and you won't get thoose errors
    Last edited by Tender Phantom; 09-16-2010 at 08:10 AM

It also does a consistency check, so like it says, if it doesn't think it's a valid NPDRM SELF it will not build your package.. then the next line says one is required (bit misleading I thought as eboot.bin may exist, it may just not be valid)

I reckon bawzz has forgotten to use the .self and not the .elf file into EBOOT.BIN .. make sure you do: make_fself_npdrm source.elf EBOOT.BIN

before copying into USRDIR
    Last edited by p666; 09-16-2010 at 09:53 AM

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News